Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Atlanta Eggfest

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just a question, i thought i saw on the CD which came with my egg, that Atlanta has an Eggfest. If this is true and when is it. I may plan my vacation around it, I am from Illinois. Is it worth doing that?

Comments

• beginner bob,
    "eggtoberfest". .. third weekend in october. .. 1000 people, 150 eggs all cooking. .it's not to be missed. .. .also, look up at the top of this page for other 'fests' around the country. .. bunch of em coming up ... all great fun, great people, great food. ..

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Is that a fer sure date? I'd like to start shoping airfares but the cheap ones are non-refundable if the date changed. -RP

• AZRP,
    typically. ...call the mothership, or 'ping' bobbyQ to find out for sure...

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    AZRP,
    Eggtoberfest will be October 20-21st this year since that is the third Friday and Saturday of the Month.

• Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    beginner bob, I've been to three. I've cooked at three. If you come and don't feel you've got you money's worth Saturday evening please let me know so I want tell anyone else the wrong story. If you love EGGS and you make an EGGtoberfest you will not want to miss another. The three F"s. Great Food, Great Friends, Great Fun and we might even have a boiled peanut if you've never ate one. [p]Hope to see you in Atlanta,
    Poppasam

• Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    I need to add another F to that. Family, all three of my grown daughters came for part of the day and had a great time. Try to also make Friday night if you are heading our way.[p]Good Eggin' to You,
    Poppasam

• hey , ive already got a large and an extra lg bge, i would like to get a couple more (ive been smoking butts and such for friends and people i work with) selling them for a little profit to pay for my smoking addiction hehehe, has anyone bought an egg from the fest in atlanta after its over? and what type of savings would i be looking at? and whats the best teired extender so i can double layer my butts and ribs? thanks yall, toymantn
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I have been cooking there for about 5 years now. It is a blast. They have it at the Atlanta Motor Speedway. Tickets usually go on sale the beginning of August and it sells out pretty quick. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Large with nest went for 725 last year. Not sure if anything else was included...great deal. If you are interested be sure to fill out the form to reserve one as they go fast. Not sure when the form becomes available. Eggtoberfest is a great time!
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA