Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OK, not so boring!!! 3 spatchcocked chickens no longer

Options
HolySmokes
HolySmokes Posts: 446
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to everyone who replied, I now have new ideas![p]I've got three kinds of chicken getting ready for tomorrow's
cook. Took the fryers and essentially cut them into pieces,
spatchcocking them and then removing the wings, drums, and
thighs, leaving a spatchcocked breast and many pieces.[p]So, I'm trying some new things, hot wings, cornstarch drums and
thighs, and something else (still mulling) for skinless breasts.[p]I'm hyped again, after being bored with the same old options.
BGE Forum comes through again. now if I could just get Chris to
ship out some shakin' the tree without another huge order ;)[p]I gotta remember the camera this time...
best, HolySmokes

Comments

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    HolySmokes,
    Good Morning,
    Here's a marinade for skinless chicken breast.[p]
    Lemon Chicken[p]Whole chicken breast, or two sides of a whole breast, skinless, boneless or with bones.
    2 lemons, medium to small size
    2 Tablespoons olive oil
    1 teaspoon salt- or to your taste
    1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper-or to your taste[p]Rinse and pat dry chicken and place into a gallon ziplock plastic bag. Squeeze juice from lemons and chop up lemon rind into 1 inch chunks and add all to bag. Add remaining ingredients, seal bag and shake it up to mix well. Marinate for 4 hours with refegeration in the first 3 hours then 1 hour at room temp. Fire up the egg to 350 for cooking direct, 400 if cooking indirect, lump burning clean, no smoke and stable for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking. Discard marinade and cook chicken until you hit 160 internal temp. in thickest part of the breast and your done.
    Enjoy with rice and salad, white wine. No knife needed, breast is fork tender and juicy. Yes, the lemon tenderizes the chicken.[p]Clay [p]