Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Coffe-crusted pork tenderlon

Canuck
Canuck Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've read qbabes coffe crusted pork tenderloin recipe and it sounds great...! Does anyone think it's possible to adapt this for a whole pork loin, about 6lbs. And if so, any advice on how to adapt it. [p]Thanks as usual for all the great advice I get from this board.[p]Canuck

Comments

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Canuck,
    That's a delish recipe, I have adapted it for beef tenderloin also, sans cumin. I have not used Qbabe's recipe for loin roast so I'll hazard a guess with cooking at 400 dome in a rack sitting in drip pan on a raised grid, turning once when the roast hits 100 degrees internal then finish to your desired internal target temp.
    Clay

• Canuck,
    I did it on a whole tenderloin and didn't change a thing. Got rave reviews.

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Canuck,
    I'm not sure that you would have to adjust. The recipe makes oodles of rub and sauce, so you won't need to make more. Then you would just cook it the same way except it would take longer. You'd still be looking for the same internal temperature.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Canuck
    Canuck Posts: 20
    The Naked Whiz,[p]Would you still cook direct over a rasied grid, or go indirect with a platsetter, since it's a larger piece of meat. [p]Thanks[p]Canuck