Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best BBQ Chains in America

This was on my home page this morning. It's a good read with some surprises.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/america%e2%80%99s-25-best-barbecue-chains/ss-BBjhE3s

I've eaten at a few of them, some more than others, and some a lot.

Enjoy.

Spring "I've Eaten There" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I think I would reverse the order.....perhaps they screwed it up?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Interrsting.  I've only heard of about a third of those and only eaten at Dickeys and Rudys.  Won't be going back to Dickeys.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I haven't been to Sonny's in years but I used to go all the time when I was younger and it was a few miles from work.  It was really inexpensive and for my 20-somehting-pre-bbq-snob pallet I thought it was pretty good. I might stop in for a slice pork sammich and a bucket of sweet tea for some nostalgia next time I am in the area. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• EggHead_Bubba
    EggHead_Bubba Posts: 566
    I've eaten at 4 of these.. Rudy's in Corpus Christi was my favorite of the 4 with Corky's in Memphis second.

Rocky Top, TN — Large BGE • Cast Iron Grate & Platesetter • Rockwood Lump

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    I've been to seven. None worth writing home about. Sonny's at #1 is a joke and yet another reason to stay away from chain BBQ. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    I despise those damn "lists" whose only purpose is to up the hosting site's "click count" (just give me the damn list on one page) and I refuse to go through them.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Dickey's should not be mentioned in the context of "best BBQ" at any time or in any way. If it were an article about God-awful abominations masquerading as BBQ I could see mentioning Dickey's.
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    I've also eaten at several of them and do not agree with their list of best places.  I think Rudy's is the best BBQ chain restaurant and have eaten at many of them as we travel in the South West. 

We have eaten at Sonny's a few times and then decided it was really a poor place to eat at.  I hate their pulled pork and their beef was pretty sub-standard.  Dickey's, Famous Daves, Smokey Bones, etc. are also awful by any BBQ standards.

We look forward to our road trips to the South West and really enjoy finding great BBQ places that are not chains. Rudy's is the only exception - great BBQ.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    Botch said:
    I despise those damn "lists" whose only purpose is to up the hosting site's "click count" (just give me the damn list on one page) and I refuse to go through them.  
    I cannot agree with this enough.  Those types of things are all over the place now - it's incredibly annoying.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    While there aren't lines like Franklin's don't hate on Sonnys.  We've got a few family memories there.   Kinda good thing the SASIL wasn't doing EGGIN back then or he mighta had to cater his own outdoor reception.  Daughter #1 worked at a short lived Famous Daves in Snellville, ga.  Smokey bones used to get some of my business and I went to Shane's 1-2x.  Oh and there's dreamland in Alpharetta..  
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • We HAD a famous dave's here in little rock. Meh. I do WAY better at home. We have a Corky's, too. Bout the same. I wasnt impressed with jack stack in KC either. I guess I'm
    a snob. 

Little Rock, AR

• swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    edited May 2015
    No, not a snob at all.   I now prefer MY BGE Ribs to all the places I've visited.  My wifey concurs.  Just a nice endorsement to my man card..  Just sorry I waited till my late 50's to start grilling/smoking on the egg..
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • EggHead_Bubba
    EggHead_Bubba Posts: 566
    We HAD a famous dave's here in little rock. Meh. I do WAY better at home. We have a Corky's, too. Bout the same. I wasnt impressed with jack stack in KC either. I guess I'm
    a snob. 
    The original Corky's in Memphis is the one I went to. I hear it's much better than any of the other ones. At any rate, Rudy's was darn good.

Rocky Top, TN — Large BGE • Cast Iron Grate & Platesetter • Rockwood Lump

• nth78
    nth78 Posts: 154
    17th Street in Murphysboro, IL owned by Mike Mills
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Not sure how Dickies made the list.  Hope it is not an indicator of the peoples taste for q.  
    Rudys with a good pit master can be really good, but have eaten a a few Rudys that won't see me in there again.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Some dumbass opened a shanes across from Southern Soul. Southern Soul is expanding, Shanes has retreated.
  • We HAD a famous dave's here in little rock. Meh. I do WAY better at home. We have a Corky's, too. Bout the same. I wasnt impressed with jack stack in KC either. I guess I'm
    a snob. 
    The original Corky's in Memphis is the one I went to. I hear it's much better than any of the other ones. At any rate, Rudy's was darn good.
    I think joe klein owns the ones here in LR. If so, he should have stuck to basketball. 

Little Rock, AR

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    We have a Rudy's here in ABQ - it's not bad really.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    swordsmn said:
    No, not a snob at all.   I now prefer MY BGE Ribs to all the places I've visited.  My wifey concurs.  Just a nice endorsement to my man card..  Just sorry I waited till my late 50's to start grilling/smoking on the egg..
    ditto.