Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

any last minute advice on transport / holding time for chicken and ribs?

Options
I was asked to cook today and the plan was easy enough- chicken and ribs. problem is we have a change in venue and we are headed to the in laws instead of having it here. so we are leaving around 2pmish with a dinner time at 4:30ish I just put the ribs on a lil bit ago- mickey's method. I figured they will be done just before noonish or right around there. I have 2 spatched birds I will put on right after again following mickey's raised/direct. question comes in for holding time... I don't think I can carry the temp of the ribs and chicken til dinner time obviously.. should I just foil and put the ribs in the fridge an reheat there? same thing for the chicken? I debated on whether to cut them up or leave whole and transport that way... any thoughts?

Comments