Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody can give suggestions for Gluten Free BBQ Sauce for Pork Ribs?

Options
bbqlearner
bbqlearner Posts: 760
Been going gluten free (GF) for a while. For the rub, I usually used Dizzy Dust (Dizzy Pig) and I think it's gluten free. However, for a gluten free sauce/baste, I'm having a hard time finding a good complement to the Dizzy Dust. I used to use Blues Hog but I think it's not GF. Any suggestions what you used?  

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Not very often do I see grain products in rubs or BBQ sauces.  And if you do, they would probably be thickeners and in relatively small amounts.  Unless you have celiac disease, probably not a worrisome issue.

I just looked at some of my stock and most don't have any, but I do see some "modified food starch".  That should be pure carbohydrate, no protein or gluten.
    Options
    My wife is gf.  BBQ sauce is pretty easy, blues hog, sweet baby rays Stubbs all gluten free.  The only thing we look for is soy sauce because it is often not gf but as you get more used to it a quick read of the label fixes that. 
  • Class_of_75
    Class_of_75 Posts: 49
    Options
    I recommend Stubbs. Great variety of flavors, heat, etc. And absolutely gluten free.

Littleton, Colorado

LBGE

• mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    We use Stubbs and Sweet Baby Rays since we know it's gluten free. I have not been able to confirm that Blues Hog is gluten free. 
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I just googled it and there are plenty of widely available GF sauces. Buy a few and see what you like. Everybody's taste buds are different.