Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you making for the fight Saturday?

Options
So having 8-10 people total over for fight. Will be at a crawfish festival that afternoon, friends will come over around 6 and we will hang out and drink and play corn hole. Food will be light, no main course. Everyone is bringing something so there will be plenty to graze on the whole time. I will have plenty of diff types of Sam Adams, wine, and CC 12 year small batch. 

I am making ceviche for the first time. Got a recipe from a guy that is amazing cook. Will use mix of white fish and shrimp. 

I am making grilled watermelon. Little salt, and pepper and olive oil. Will be good to enjoy in evening sun. 

Grilled poundcake with a simple syrup to drizzle on. Pretty stoked about that.

And one I am most excited for is grilled Caesar salad. That is going to be good and I am stoked about it. 

What are y'all making, for those watching the fight?
Boom

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    That sounds great..Sounds like you are going to have a fantastic day all round..Enjoy.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    My neighbors are having over 50 adults and kids to watch the fight in their garage on the new 70" TV.  I am making pork carnitas.  There is going to be a lot of food and people.  I have a link for what I have thinking of doing.  I am trying to stay traditional with it, but cooking it on the egg.  I am going to use bacon fat to fry it when it is done.
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1180248/pork-carnitas#latest
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    @FanOfFanboys, Your menu looks pretty good too.

XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    Not sure what I am going to make yet. We are having a golf outing in the morning, watching the Derby, then the main event! I was thinking something easy like tri tip sliders since it will mostly be finger foods.
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    2 briskets, 6 racks of pork ribs, Boston butt and sausage.  I might add a plate or two of short ribs...

Sounds like you got a great menu!

Will have the fight playing in the media room (115" screen) and on my 65" plasma in the game room.  Should be a great night!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    cazzy said:
    2 briskets, 6 racks of pork ribs, Boston butt and sausage.  I might add a plate or two of short ribs...

Will have the fight playing in the media room (115" screen) and on my 65" plasma in the game room.  Should be a great night!
    You just showing off with that new UNIT you got.. ;)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    cazzy said:

You just showing off with that new UNIT you got.. ;)
    Lol...the extra space will definitely make things easier.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    I'm cooking but not watching. 
    New Albany, Ohio