Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

flip my lid or not????

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
when cooking ribs, using the 3-1-1 method, do I leaave the lid opened or closed for the 3rd step, the saucing? Thanks

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    nodock,
    good lord, man, shut that thang![p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    nodock,
    Unless a recipe says otherwise, you should assume that all cooking is done with the lid shut.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    riblets002.jpg
    <p />nodock,
    i always leave things like that as a last minute judgement call. sometimes at the end when they are getting done and i just want to burn some sauce on quickly i will leave the top open with the bottom vent mostly closed and quickly sauce them while the fire grows. these were done that way, but this cook was done direct only. sometimes when you remove from the foil, the ribs are already falling apart, i would probably just leave them in there with the dome closed until they firm up a bit. i dont believe you could leave the dome open for the last hour though as the fire would just get too hot, but for quicly burning some sauce on them you can

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ironbaugh
    Ironbaugh Posts: 93
    Options
    fishlessman,
    Those ribs look great. What kind are they? This may sound sacreligious--- Have had our eggs 4 years and still have not tried ribs.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Ironbaugh,
    those are riblets cut from a loin roast. pretty much the same as spares for a cook. the butcher near me saves up a bunch if i ask him early in the week. GO COOK SOME RIBS

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it