Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Addition to my outdoor cooking experience

Options
I knew my friend already had one but didn't know it was so versatile until I saw it in action the past week when we went camping. This thing is a beast so when I got home I went to pick one up myself. 

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Nice.  I apologize for not remembering the forum members name, but somebody is building an outdoor kitchen area under there deck and added a flat top to it.  Seems to be the perfect match and fit for an outdoor kitchen.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I have one of those. Mine's a little more primitive though. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Nice!  Did you score a used one or did you already cook on it? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Bustersdad
    Bustersdad Posts: 311
    Options
    I bought the Blackstone griddle last fall...use it a lot, not as often as my Egg.  It is a great addition to the cooking tool box.  Used it last weekend for Chicken Fried Rice.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    @Bustersdad - I was thinking one of these would be cool for this.  My family really likes the americanized Japanese Hibachi places.

That and Philly cheesteaks... 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Options
    Where do you store such appliances.  Do they come with a cover?
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    Options
    Nice!  Did you score a used one or did you already cook on it? 
    It was new till I cooked on it. 

Logger said:
    Where do you store such appliances.  Do they come with a cover?
    In my back garage and yes I purchased the cover. 
  • r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    Options

I bought the Blackstone griddle last fall...use it a lot, not as often as my Egg.  It is a great addition to the cooking tool box.  Used it last weekend for Chicken Fried Rice.

Nice season you got there. Do you just keep it outside and if so, how does it handle it? No problems??? @Bustersdad
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Can you get something like that with burners?  I'd like one for side dishes, then I could put some plate steel on it for a griddle as needed.  
    Phoenix 
  • Bustersdad
    Bustersdad Posts: 311
    Options
    @r8rs4lf, @Logger, @SmokeyPitt the griddle stayed out on the deck all winter, I'm in Michigan.  I bought the cover for it...placed a 8" piece of 4X4 in the middle of the cooking surface before putting the cover on to ensure water drains off and does not pool.

Its fun to cook on, anything from Japanese style Teppanyaki cooks, to pancakes, omelettes, salmon and great burgers.  Once you get the top seasoned, really easy to cook and clean.
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    My MIL has one of these in their gazebo. It's used all the time. I think they are great, enjoy!
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE