Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg On It's New Throne

Options
edbro
edbro Posts: 300
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, my new BBQ island is now complete. I had an island built with a dedicated platform for my egg. Now, I am hoping that next weekend will be warm here so I can fully enjoy it.[p]BBQIsland2.jpg[p]BBQIsland1.jpg

Comments

• MasterMason
    MasterMason Posts: 243
    Options
    edbro,[p]That is a might fine silver accessory holder you have as well. :)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    edbro, that's real purdy and the best way to keep it looking that way is to put your BGE up on those three little feet. Your tile may not take the intense heat of direct contact like that.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • edbro
    Options
    RRP,[p]Actually, I just came back in from doing that. I was looking out back and realized I had forgot something.
  • edbro
    Options
    Master Mason,
    Yes, that's the real pisser in this story. [p]I had always admired the pretty stainless steel grills so I decided to buy one and build the patio around that. Then I thought that I might like a small charcoal grill do to steaks on. So, after dropping big bucks on the gas grill, I researched and bought the BGE. Now, I never use the gas grill. That was a waste of $800!

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    edbro,
    Beautiful stucco and tile outdoor kitchen! "King Egg on his throne, feels empowered to breath fire like a dragon, at any steak thrown under the his lofty dome".......... Great party pad.[p]Clay

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    edbro,
    SWEEET! I like it!

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    edbro,[p]I know the story. I bought the $800 gasser at Costco a few years back. After 3 months of burning everything and going through propane bottles, the lettering decided to peel off. That was it for me. Back to Costco it went and I then took my refund and bought my first Big Green Egg.[p]The rest is history.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister
    Austin, TX

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • ronbeaux
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    So I guess this would be the wrong place to try and sell my Weber Silver Gensis? It's actually the same color as the egg with all this oak pollen in the air. Does that help?

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    ronbeaux,[p]eBay oughta be a good place. :)[p]My Live Oaks are finally shedding their leaves. Leaves and Pollen are everywhere.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • ronbeaux
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Tell me about it! I have three over a 100 years old and they are in full pollen mode. The Azaleas are looking good though!