Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Different kind of baby back rib cook. (Buffalo)

Options
Picked up this slab at the butcher.  First try with these. I imagine I will just cook till tender. Maybe 5 hours or so. For now they will just sit in the fridge rubbed down with Dominator rub rub. Also, I will be doing some southern corn pudding from the new book. 
LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

Comments

• flyer_egger
    flyer_egger Posts: 128
    Options
    Did you buy them on Route 940?  Waiting to see how they came out and how you liked them.....
    NEPA, Med egg,
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I did. You know the place. Mark has it all! 

• flyer_egger
    Options
    I stop in there some times when I'm looking for something different.
    NEPA, Med egg,
  • flyer_egger
    Options
    hows that cook coming?
    NEPA, Med egg,
  • grege345
    Options
    It's Going Sloooooooooow . pull back of the bone is happening but still not tender enough. I bumpen to 275. It better start going cuz I wanna start the corn pudding

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Cool cook!  Looking forward to taste report.

I always thought buffalo was a lean meat, but those ribs look killer.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Ditto what Ozzie said.  Seems a misnomer to call them baby back when seven ribs weigh almost 10 lbs.  Monster back would seem a little more appropriate.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Nice!

Options

• grege345
    Options
    Southern corn pudding. This is a 10! 

• grege345
    Options
    Alright so here is the report. The ribs were Baby Back tender and as meaty as a St. Louie.Just amazing. The dominator rub is outstanding. It is amazing rib rub.There were 7 ribs. I could have eaten the whole thing but I thought I'd share with the rest of the family. Everyone loved them. I will be buying these again and again and again. They took 6 hours. First 4 hours were 250 and then bumped to 275. Pecan wood for smoke. I absolutely loved them. The corn pudding is from the new cookbook and it didn't disappoint. I sprinkled with some Pineapple Head (my favorite corn topping next to butter of course). I also made some cherry peppers stuffed with sausage. I ate them like candy. So my recommendations are get some buffalo ribs and get the cookbook!!!! I'm blessed to be near such a kick as$ butcher. I need him to move south with me.

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Very nice way to spend a Sunday.  Meat and puddin looks really good!! Any bison/buffalo I've had, had a unique taste.  Very good and I assume the ribs were the same?  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Options
    The corn pudding (and the ribs) look wicked good!! It is funny I was thinking of serving this corn pudding with some ribs I will be making in 2 weeks. Thinking has gone to I will be making this corn pudding with some ribs... 
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.