Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

vindaloo pulled pork.

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,752
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
100_0465.jpg
<p />day 2 of an ice fishing tournament up in new hampshire was too cold and windy for 26 out of the 30 people in the group. this left me with lots of pulled pork leftover. been trying new things with it. simmered some up the other day with chicken stock and a miso glaze and it was pretty good, but this vindaloo seasoning from penzeys was outstanding. saute up some onion garlic and ginger, add pulled pork a cup of water and a paste made from 3 tbls vindaloo, 2 tbls cayenne pepper and 3 tbls spoons watter and 3 tbls balsamic or sherry vinegar ,simmer for about 45 minutes and serve over basmati rice. fiery hot
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    fishlessman,
    You could have send some across the border to me in Vermont, that looks AWESOME!!! It's funny, Saturday morning I got up at home and we had 4" of snow. Drove 18 miles to work, got out of the Wrangler and was in 16" of snow, but it was a BEAUTIFUL day!

• Essex County
    Options
    fishlessman,
    That looks great. I have a bunch of pulled pork in the freezer right now. I'll have to give this a try.[p]Paul

• Essex County,
    according to your heat tolerance you have to vary the cayenne, would be good with out it as the vindaloo has some heat as well. i bet it would be good with a hot sweet sauce and some pineapple over the rice too, lots of ways to make it good

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    fishlessman,
    I have Penzeys vindaloo and its pleanty hot as is for my tolerance level. Great curry flavor, I like it added to creamed vegetables.
    Clay