Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey breast

Options
Jerome Poole
Jerome Poole Posts: 44
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have turkey breast I want to put on the egg to cook my question is how to make it stand up and what is good to rub it with ? I use alot of cajun spice.
Thanks for the info.
Jerome from Charlotte

Comments

• Jerome,I just did a 5# boneless turkey roast. I coated it with olive oil and then Dizzy Pig Raging River Rub. Cooked it at 225 degrees on a v-rack set in a drip pan. Had the grill set on an inverted plate holder to get indirect heat. Put a handfull of Apple wood chips in at the beginning. Took about 6-7 hours to reach 170 degrees F internal. I think that Tony Chaceres or Zatarains would work also for rub, but they seem to have a lot of salt. I have another turkey roast that I will do the same way, but I want to inject it with broth first. Just got my XL BGE a couple of months ago and am still experimenting a lot. Good luck.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    Jerome,
    I've done many of these - I cook at 325° dome indirect. Count on 20 minutes per pound and pull off egg at 162 breast and let rest 15 minutes before slicing. In order to keep it standing I use an adjustable V-rack. As for rubs, smoke etc suit your self. These are pretty forgiving.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.