Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friggin Beef Short Ribs-may be breakfast!

Okay-got a few hours late start on the ribs, but 5 hours in I'm guessing at least another 90-120 mins.  Been running  around 270*F on the SBGE dome (calibrated).  Don't do many pics but given it's mid-night (EST) you can guess how much fun I have had on 2/14.  At least the ribs will be great eats sometime. No finish with a fork pic as I am climbing into some serious bourbon consumption.  Thanks for the vent!

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Lou, you are looking at some early morning eating there. I am wide awake as well here in EST land, need to get some sleep soon.

Hit the bourbon as needed, I hear it works as a sleep aid.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,669
    How was your breakfast?

The bourbon was great and the ribs were okay-I'm sure the flavour (a nod to the GWN) was impacted by bourbon and the time of day.  Back on the horse with a better sense of time the next go round.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Nothing wrong with overtime!!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Nice. They definitely have a mind of their own. They're done when their done. Way to push thru. Hopefully it didn't completely negate the good deeds on 2/14 :)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • How many did you have before the cook started? Starting a cook like that at 19:00 hours (nod to to a veteran) with a cook time of between 4 and 6 hours means you are going to be eating sometime the next day. 

Were you confused and reading the Zulu clock again? 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Usually with the good bourbon, comes a pleasing result. Maybe because I'm too blitzed to know otherwise. Either way, you hit the mark on the important stuff, bourbon! I'm sure those ribs were good too.
  • Usually with the good bourbon, comes a pleasing result. Maybe because I'm too blitzed to know otherwise. Either way, you hit the mark on the important stuff, bourbon! I'm sure those ribs were good too.

Oh man, the stories I could tell about Bourbon, fire and totally f*ckin' up dinner...
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    @Skiddymarker-regrettably I had not had enough to influence any hosed up decisions.  Just that the day went to hell (an unplanned audible-that carried over to today; now resolved)) and I was in the "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead mind-set."  But once I corralled the bourbon things got a lot better.  Just needed the vent last night. 
  • This is always a good place for a rant, not always the safest, but certainly a good place. Four days to the A's hit Hohokam in Mesa, stay positive!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!