Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Amaze N Smoker

Just ordered my Amaze N smoker today. I see some bacon in my future! Anybody use one of these for anything else besides bacon?
Mark Annville, PA

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    You'll like it. I also use it for cheese and nuts.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • I've smoked cheese and salmon with mine. These things work great. You won't regret your purchase.
  • I made my own cold smoker. Chubbs is the BACON man.
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    cheese comes out great.I smoke sharper than sharp cheddar for 5 hours then seal and let age for 6 weeks before eating.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    I have done many things including kielbasssa, meat sticks, sausages. I use it when I hant a heavier smoke o the product, then I light up the egg for finishing and the cooking.
  • As stated already, these things work as advertised. Very happy with the performance and easy of use.
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    I'm thinking of adding something like this but I question if it is one of those accessories that you buy and then it sits there never getting any use?  I like the idea of making my own bacon but is it pretty easy to do and do the results warrant doing it in the first place.  Bacon and salmon would be nice but I don't think I could buy cheese, smoke it, and then let it sit there for a while.  I have a hard enough time not opening my Egg to see how a pork butt is looking.  Any other items besides those above that are good?
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • I love making my own bacon and it's super easy. Hard part is slicing because I do it by hand. That being said, I hot smoke on the egg. Been thinking about one of these for cheese.
  • Realalize this thing is like half the size of a cigar box so if it sits around it does not take up much space. If you like cold smoke method it's hard to beat. I also make the smoke butter witch is great on the old bagel and lox.
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • Once you cure and smoke your own bacon you won't want store bought again. Well worth it and when it comes to slicing the local butcher can help. I paid 20 dollars for about 30 pounds cut and wrapped.
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • I like the idea of adding extra smoke to meats while doing a low and slow. I love my egg but don't feel like I get as much smoke as with a traditional smoker.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • I like the idea of adding extra smoke to meats while doing a low and slow. I love my egg but don't feel like I get as much smoke as with a traditional smoker.

Add more or stronger wood like hickory. I've made stuff inedible because of the amount of smoke.