Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FlashkaBob sent me a message

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited February 2015 in EggHead Forum
FlashkaBob sent me a message is wondering why I would be pissed at someone using a thousand words about a subject and he has not even cooked on a Mini-Max. Yes FlashkaBob your pontification made me quite pissed...........

FlashkaBob sent you a message

Mickey, You seem to be quite pissed of with me for mouthing off about the MM. I think your anger is mis-directed my friend. you should be pissed off at BGE for foisting off sub-standard product at premium prices. I never once said that the thing didn't work. BGE decided to bring a new product to market by taking an existing product and redesigning it to be more portable. Nothing wrong with that. Companies do product redesigns all the time. Then BGE redesigned the fire box to accommodate the shorter egg.Not a problem. What happens next is where the problems begin. Rather than redesign the fire ring to match the new fire box, BGE chose to re-purpose an existing ring that doesn't quite fit. Then they add a grid that also doesn't quite fit.Does it cook? Absolutely! Does it do an excellent job? Most likely. Are all of the individual parts of this package at least the same high quality as all of their other products? You bet! Is it as aesthetically pleasing as all of the other products in their line-up? No way! I don't know why BGE brought this MM to market like this. Were they trying to save a few bucks on development or did they run out of time to meet a deadline to get it to market? As a stand alone product, the MM appears to be built with sloppy workmanship. That fact that it works is irrelevant. It has to be of the same quality in workmanship as all of the products in their line-up.

Mickey, you have put a lot of effort into your cooks. You have also put a lot of effort into the presentation of those cooks on this forum. You have 2300 likes here and most of them will most likely be for your cooks. What would happen if you didn't give a **** and just dumped your cooks onto a plate that slopped over onto the table with splatters everywhere. Do you think you would enjoy as many Kudos for such sloppy work as you receive today for fine work. My guess would be...... No.

Look, all I'm saying is that no one should have to be forced to accept sloppy workmanship from any product they spend their hard earned money on whether it's a BGE or a chocolate bar. You can be pissed of with me all you want Mickey but it does not change the fact that this is a sloppily put together product.

Oh yea, to answer your question, I have seen a MM and have not cooked on one.

---
Follow the link below to check it out:

Have a great day!
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments