Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE in England

Options
Grumpa
Grumpa Posts: 861
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are on the last day of a visit with our friends from England who are paying us a visit while here after attending our Son's wedding. They have taken an extreme liking to my egged food and want me to inquire how they may purchase a BGE in England. Does anyone know of a dealer in the England area?[p]Much Thanks,
Bob

Comments

• Chief
    Chief Posts: 154
    Options
    Bob,
    Where are you in England....I lived there for 6 years.
    I lived in a town called Saxmundham in Suffolk County.
    Sorry don't know who handles BGE in UK.[p]Cheers

• Grumpa
    Options
    Chief,[p]I am not in England myself. My friends visiting here in the USA are from Kent/Bigum Hill. (sp)

• Chief
    Chief Posts: 154
    Options
    Bob,
    Sorry Bob didn't read it correctly. I'm sure you have called BGE to see if there is a distributor but my only concern would be where would they get lump charcoal.
    Been to Kent......Leeds Castle is beautiful.
    Cheers

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Bob,
    Tanker Tim lived (or lives) in England...bet he knows. Throw him an email.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Tanker Tim
    Options
    Bob,[p]Sorry to inform you that there aren't any BGE dealers in the UK, I brought a large back from the states on a USAF jet, and a mini was packed up in a Rubbermaid action packer and checked as luggage (made the trip nicely I might add)
    As far as I know there are only two other BGE's in the UK, the name of the first fellow escapes me but Bernice Philbrick also has one that they purchased direct from BGE and had shipped over.[p]I had been in contact with the first gentleman and the price he paid in shipping was equal to the price of the Egg.[p]On another note, Lumpcharcoal is very easy to get in the UK between May and October, then you must use very good detective skills to find suppliers during the off season.[p]If your friends are still in the states, I would go the
    action packer route and a small or medium would possibly fit
    if the top was removed and you used two action packers. THis will be a good test to see just how badly they want a BGE![p]Good luck and let me know if I can be of any assitance.[p]TT

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Bob, this sounds like a business opportunity for your friends - become the first UK distributer for the BRGE (that is British Racing Green Egg). England today, Ireland tomorrow. Sounds like a plan. [p]I guess it's not feasible to grab it by the handle and claim it's carry on luggage, although with what I see people bringing on these days, you might give it a shot.

• The Walrus
    Options
    Wise One,
    Buy it a coach seat, maybe cheaper than shipping it.
    walrus

• Grumpa
    Options
    Tanker Tim,[p]Thanks for the info. We just saw them off on a plane to Vegas for a few days with a return trip planned to Orlando by the first of next week so I don't think your suggestion will work for now. They were hoping to find one on there side of the world when they return to the "Mother Country".[p]They claim that obtaining lump has never been a problem and they use it all the time in place of brickettes. I will send them word of the bad news pertaining to a local dealer and see if they want to consider your alternaitves.[p]Thanks,
    Bob[p]