Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So what did happen to the "like" "agree" "off topic" etc buttons?

Zmokin
Zmokin Posts: 1,938
edited February 2015 in EggHead Forum
Now all I see is the ability to "quote".

What's up?
:(

Well at least it appears the old emoticons are back. :D
Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
 and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

Comments

• They disappeared a week or so ago.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Diptip
    Diptip Posts: 45
    A couple A holes made them blow up.
    In an idiots head.
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Does anyone actively manage/maintain this forum?   I never see any obvious presence.  We're just running along here on autopilot!

It's nice not to have a censor, but any things like "post approvals" bugs just seem to be there indefinitely.

There's certainly value to this forum for BGE as it's the first forum most new owners find and it certainly creates a lot of stoke to buy new BGE products!

Just curious.  I'm new here, what do I know....
    LBGE/Maryland
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Some Gal around here can make a call I think....
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    I like and agree with many of these posts - something I couldn't do before when I could EITHER like or agree.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564

Most likely an update reset the reactions buttons. Some one will need to set.

It use to be set On TOP, then went to mouse over and now gone.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    They all bought Joe Jr's and were banned.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Acn said:

They all bought Joe Jr's and were banned.

=))
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Yeah, there are times I just want to click "like", Or "agree", I don't always ffeel like typing a response,see "lazy". Regarding monitoring @KiterTodd, I think it is monitored, because someone with no identifier, folllows me, sometimes 2 people follow me, changes daily, thought it was weird. I figured it's an admin, because I don't think I'm worth following really. If everybody has one unidentified follower, then It's an admin watching probably. And I am sure I am boring the shnit out of them.
    @-)
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    I have like and agree buttons. I stumbled onto them.

If I shake my phone they show up. Probably some weird config setting.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @Ozzie_Isaac Somewhere there's a rocket scientist shaking the **** out of their mobile device like a etch-a-sketch. =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DMW

I have like and agree buttons. I stumbled onto them.

If I shake my phone they show up. Probably some weird config setting.

Someone owes me a new phone. I was shaking as hard as I could, nothing, tried again and my phone flew out of my hand and right though my office window. Hey, someone owes me a new window...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    I don't know what good they do. I'm active on another forum that had two options of good karma and bad karma. Some ornery dude(s) decided to blackball people and things really got out of hand and we lost some good solid members. Finally the Webmaster realized what was going on and deleted the whole feature. At least here you could see who flagged you, but over there there was no way of knowing. Maybe here it was a  housekeeping decision also.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • NPHuskerFL
    @DMW :-B you weren't the rocket scientist to which I was referring to :))
    Seriously I guarantee at least one person would be gullible enough to try it. #-o
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Emailed and called them regarding the missing tags last week. Guess somebody will have to start an ultra offensive thread. [-X :-\"
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    DMW said:

Someone owes me a new phone. I was shaking as hard as I could, nothing, tried again and my phone flew out of my hand and right though my office window. Hey, someone owes me a new window...

Its not so much a shake as a twirling motion. You were probably doing it wrong.

@NPHuskerFL sometimes a guy just has to humor himself.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • I was told the moderators read all of the threads.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I like the feature so I don't have to type all this crap.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Guess somebody will have to start an ultra offensive thread. [-X :-\"

It will happen soon enough. 

• NPHuskerFL
    @johnkitchens once Friday hits, booze begin to flow freely, eggs are lit....
    Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - Anything Goes (Cheek to Cheek Live): http://youtu.be/7A9L0RfRPL0
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • henapple
    Tb and Lg?...ugh.
  • henapple
    Tony Bennett could sing with me and it'd be classic. The guy's an icon.
  • NPHuskerFL

I was told the moderators read all of the threads.

Those poor poor people have to read all this dribble. Hopefully they can enjoy a beverage while doing so. Seems like a lot to watch over.
    American Beauty Kevin Spacey applies for job drive through: http://youtu.be/TJh5wdvdfVE

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Lady G is a freak, but I like Tony B! 

• NPHuskerFL
    @henapple not a Gaga fan but, she can sing and is a Heck of an entertainer. I actually liked their rendition. Maybe I'm weird.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    She defintely has her own style:

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Shelly and I went to a Tony B concert a couple of years ago. Truly an amazing performance. Well worth the bucks.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Two words...meat dress. How can anyone here not like that?
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    My understanding is that the forum is going to cater to more extreme tastes to get a wider variety of opinion.  "Like" and "Dislike" will be replaced with "Love" and "Hate".
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • DMW
    bboulier said:

My understanding is that the forum is going to cater to more extreme tastes to get a wider variety of opinion.  "Like" and "Dislike" will be replaced with "Love" and "Hate".

Cool, I really think they should also add "Awesome!!!" and "EPIC!!!!" buttons. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA