Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NB Goes North

Options
BBQfan1
BBQfan1 Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Nature Boy, the missus and kids are up here in the Great White North and we are at Earl and Barb Whyte's for a mini-BGE gathering. Earl unleashed a stuffed crab leg recipes that is soon to be legendary and generally many Canadian beers are being consumed. Total menu has included portobello mushrooms, the aforementioned stuffed crab legs and ribeye steaks. Fresh Ontario corn (BGE grilled of course) and salad rounded out the event.
A great start to the long Labour Day weekend!!

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    Sounds like Candafest 2000!! I "know" you're having a good time.[p]Enjoy a frosty one for me!![p]Tim

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    Tim M,[p]We have some good photo's to post but have to wait till
    N.B gets back to safe to the USA. Mike, Denise, Barb & I
    are enjoying the company of Chris & his dark ale. Can't
    think of a better way to spend our long weekend or with a better bunch for that matter.Not Eggfest but just as fun.

Earl

• Tim M
    Options
    Earl,
    I sent NB an email today asking if he was still alive -- its not usual to not see a post from him in several days.
    Have fun[p]Tim[p]

• BBQfan1
    Options
    Tim M,
    It was a long hike for him; the swim across the Detroit River was particularly taxing. Took several Canadian beers to restore his strength in fact. All is well now; Egged ribeyes, stuffed crab and portobellos have rejuvenated him for hike back to the States.
    Forget Rich; NB is the TRUE survivor winner!
    BBQfan1

• Tim M
    Options
    BBQfan1,[p]What - no squid??[p]Tim
  • BBQfan1
    Options
    Tim M,
    Confiscated at the border:( "Excuse me sir, do you have any squirmy, tentacled crustaceans to declare?" "Well, I don't believe squids are necessarily crustaceans, but they are squirmy and do have several tentacles." Game over. No squid; only big bad ass crab legs and cuban cigars to declare on the way back.

• bdavidson
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    Have a great time up there! Give my regards to NB. How did the rest of us miss CanadaFest 2K? Tell NB that last night I did his Ginger Mahogany ribs and tonight it's the brisket. Ribs were, as usual, great!
    Enjoy the weekend!

• Tim M
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    Ask NB to bring back one of those cigars. I don't smoke them but I would fire one of those up to see what the fuss is all about. [p]Tim

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Tim M,
    I thought about bringing some back for some of my buddies, but then found out I aint supposed to do that!
    That is all I need....a good strip search at the border!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    bdavidson,
    Thanks! I had a blast....and hosts that could not have been more gracious...not to mention fun as hell. Earl goes full tilt with everything he does, and Barb, Denise and Mike felt like old friends. [p]Maybe we can get Earl to post that recipe for the stuffed crab legs...they were awesome, though Earl has some ideas about cutting the cheese amounts a bit...well maybe we got a little carried away with the cheese. Basically it was chunked king crab legs, mixed up with butter and sauteed shrooms and milk and cheese....all spooned into the half-crab shells, and egged at maybe 325 for long enough to take on a slight smoke flavor and lightly brown the tops.[p]Killer giant ribeyes, grilled corn, egged portabellos, salad, fresh bread, sausages (later), and many canadian brews rounded out the fare.[p]Happy to hear you tried my rib recipe again....means a lot to me when I hear someone likes it enough to do it more than once![p]How did the brisket come out??[p]Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ