Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri Tip Times Three

Kinger
Kinger Posts: 147
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did three tri tip roasts tonight with great success although the cook went slightly different than I planned. I planned on a "reverse" method and expected 2 hours at 250 to get to 125 internal followed by a rest and then 4 mins of sear (2 mins per side). I got to 130 in about 50 mins and hurried the meat off into a foil tent. Let the meat sit for an hour and then seared. Came out great but as usual I cooked too much food. I did a pizza, bacon wrapped shrimp and bacon wrapped scallops for appetizers and the wife made some artichoke dip. Sorry no pics of the appetizers[p]Pre cook with EVOO , Kosher Salt and Montreal Steak Seasoning
DSC02704.jpg[p]Pre Cook Packed into my Small BGE (the large was cooking Pizza)
Raised Grate Mates with two Fire Bricks down under for indirect. Removed the Fire Bricks for the sear.
<imp src-"http://homepage.mac.com/jnking3/.Pictures/BGE Pics/DSC02706.jpg&quot;&gt;[p]Post Cook sliced with a good mix of pieces from Med Rare up to Med Well
DSC02709.jpg[p]Served up real nice. There was a fight amongst the kids over the mashed cauliflower. Four girls from 11 to 13 nearly ate an entire roast by themselves.
DSC02712.jpg[p]JNK

Comments