Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Your favorite pizza recipes?

Options
I'm looking for some pizza inspiration...please share your favorite toppings and recipes.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    if you like greasy pizza chourico or linguica is a great topping. also google pissaladiere, i cant get my link here to work but it has a sauce of carmalized onions with balsamic, anchovies if you want them, gorganzola, and kalamata olives. more of an appetizer, too rich to make a meal out of
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Stephenll
    Options
    My favorite dough recipe: Fred's MultiTasking
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ever try a white pizza.  There is a small local chain (3 or 4 restaurants) that serve what they call a white pizza.  No red sauce. ( and No yucky cream sauce either)
    It's pizza dough, brushed with Olive Oil, a healthy anti-vampire dose of fresh crushed garlic sprinkled on it, then the cheese.  Sometimes my friends and I would have them add linguica to it.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options

My traditional favorite is pineapple plus double pepperoni.  Just trust me and try it.  It is WAY better than the "Hawaiian" pizzas that a lot of places make because the pepperoni brings out the pineapple much better than Canadian bacon.

My new favorite is brisket pizza.  We mixed pizza sauce 50/50 with BBQ sauce, then put leftover chopped brisket (pretty heavy) on it and covered it with mozzarella.  It was awesome. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I think my family favorite is Reuben Pizza.  You can find all kinds of recipes but it is simple.  I think the key is caraway seeds, either added to the dough or just sprinkled on top.  The way I did mine was (bottom up):
    dough
    thousand island
    swiss slices
    corned beef
    mozzarella
    caraway seeds.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    1. thin crust, light on the red sauce, proscuitto, small fresh mozz balls, caramelized onions topped with some very lightly balsamic/evoo dressed arugula just before serving
    2. sauced with 1/2 red sauce, 1/2 bbq sauce, base of shredded mozz, either pulled pork or shredded chicken, onions, smoked gouda
  • Cymbaline65
    Options
    Besides the standards (cheese, pepperoni), I like Chorizo, onions and peppers. Cook and drain the Chorizo, sautee very thinly sliced peppers (red/green) and onions until no longer firm but not soft. Let cool. Fresh mozz and let her rip. You'll thank me later.
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
    500 Posts: 3,177
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I think this link will work.  Check out my saved Pins of pizza inspiration; http://www.pinterest.com/chargerrt500/pizza/.
    I have made a version of the Delia Pizza from Cane Rosso.  Love it.  The next "outside the box" style pizza we want to try is Pizzeria Lola's Sunnyside. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • VAPirate
    Options
    Doing these tonight:

- Shrimp, pesto, red bell pepper 
    - Kielbasa, caramelized onions, green pepper, garlic (olive oil base.  NO red sauce)
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    I have been on béchamel kick.  Made Croque Senior last nite.  Could do Croque Monseiur Pizza with béchamel, grilled onions, mushrooms and your choice of ham.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options

I have been on béchamel kick.  Made Croque Senior last nite.  Could do Croque Monseiur Pizza with béchamel, grilled onions, mushrooms and your choice of ham.  

If I made that, I'd break google :D
  • keepervodeflame
    keepervodeflame Posts: 353
    edited January 2015
    Options
    basil pressed olive oil, fresh brown fig, sausage, pancetta, red onion, shredded basil, roasted red pepper pizza spice blend, goat cheese and mozz