Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My First Egg (XL) and Table complete...

Here is my XL Egg table after completion.  Made of Cedar with granite egg base and granite insert for food and hot items.  I went with granite because I got a deal at a local building supply who had a piece break, so I got a good discount.  Not to hard to cut, shape and finish with an angle grinder.

The only thing not complete are the pulls for the drawer and cabinet doors. I have been using this table now for a year and I can say that I am still happy with my design.  The granite (or other type material) is an absolute must below the Egg and on top the table.  The one below the egg allows me to set hot items out of the way, such as my "GrillGrates".  The granite on top allows for food prep in/out of the egg with easy clean up,  and most importantly I can set extremely hot items on the granite up top such as my elec lump igniter, Hot foods, hot dasiy wheel egg top, hot half moon raised grill etc.

Comments