Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

indirect ceramic mass for small egg?

Kinger
Kinger Posts: 147
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am wondering what some of you use in your small egg for indirect ceramic mass. I have the grate mates and have used and destroyed several things including a pampered chef round pan. Is there an BGE baking stone that fits in the small? I only see a large and medium on the websites.[p]
JNK

Comments

• Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    What you are looking for is the ceramic baking dish.[p]Toy Man
  • JNK,
    Like Toy Man said you need the [p]Ceramic Baking Dish -- 8" Diameter
    For superb breads, deep dish pizzas, pies, etc. in your Egg. Better results than in your home oven.[p]It can be found on the eggcessories page. It works great with Chubby's GrateMates seeing how Chubby is the one who told me about it. Way to go Chubby!!

[ul][li]Eggcessories[/ul]
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • JNK, I ordered the 8" ceramic baking dish from the products section of this site and built a small rack similar to a grate mate for it to sit on and it works great for indirect cooking in a small. Peace...[p]
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    GrateMateSet-ups4.jpg
    <p />JNK,[p]I would have to absolutely agree with all the astute [p]commentators below Julian!![p](With my tongue planted firmly in cheek!!)[p]Evans[p]Seroiusly...the BGE dish works great..... [p]Call Bobby @ BGE and order one!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Kinger
    DSC02676.jpg
    <p />Chubby,[p]
    Thanks for the picture. I will call my local dealer and if they don't have it I will call Atlanta. I knew there was a BGE product for this purpose but could not seem to find it. Loving my great mates! My sister got them for me for Christmas. I made myself a cast iron grid and had enough srap left to make another "half grid" I freguently use both levels while using my small. Have a great weekend. I intend to make my first stab at making pizza this weekend.

• JNK,
    Are you able to get the main grid out (after removing the half grid) with the GrateMates left in place????[p]Thanks,
    Bordello

• JNK,
    When I called BGE they informed me that the 8"Baking Dish was discontinued. I contacted John at BGE headquarters and he informed me that it was discontinued and they no longer sell it. Anybody able to purchase the Baking Dish I would appreciate info on how they did it. Thanks

• 23MVC-015E.jpg
    <p />JNK,[p]I use my own setup with a 10 inch in diameter hearth for my baking in the small Egg. Shown in the picture is a large loaf of sourdough bread about done.[p]Dave

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Old Dave,[p]Maaann...Dave!![p]That picture always makes me want to go grab a stick of butter, and a chunk of some good dry salami!![p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Kinger
    Bordello,[p]Yes I can take it out just fine. In fact I can take the gottom grid out without removing the top grid[p]JNK
  • I just bought one from the BGE store in Atlanta. It's a ceramic baking dish with green paint on the sidewalls on the outside.