Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do shicken wings hold up to FTC

Options
Trying to plan some holiday party attendance, and it was mentioned that the only reason I was invited was so that I could bring wings, do they hold up to FTC for 1-2 hrs? 
Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 

Comments

• tjosborne
    Options
    I'm sure they would, but not sure they would be crispy afterwards.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    They do fine in FTC.  Hot wings are yummy but generally tossed in sauce so they're no longer crispy.
    Options
    Seriously? The only reason you were invited was to bring food? Eff that. I'd order 20 pizzas COD have them sent there and not go. I can count my true friends in one hand. But they're true friends. [-(
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • duck_hunter
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Seriously? The only reason you were invited was to bring food? Eff that. I'd order 20 pizzas COD have them sent there and not go. I can count my true friends in one hand. But they're true friends. [-(
    tongue was fully inserted in cheek :) 

This was in response to the last time he was at our house, I wondered out loud if I enjoyed his company or if I tolerated his company because he always brings a fresh growler of IPA with him 

Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
  • duck_hunter
    Options
    and thanks for the input guys 
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I would have to disagree with the others.  IMO, chicken is best when it just becomes "done".
    From there on out, it deteriorates in quality.  The juices stop flowing, the meat becomes dried out, the skin if it was crispy becomes soggy.  It is downhill all the way once it is finished cooking.

Have I cooked wings the night before a potluck and then re-heated them in the microwave?  Yes, and I've had rave reviews, but my personal opinion is they were much better when they were done the night before.  that's why I always eat one or two the night before becasue I want to enjoy a couple of them at their best.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.