Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need storing advice....

Options
ShortRib
ShortRib Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was asked by my family to bring some pork bbq to a gathering on Saturday. The problem is that I am leaving to go on Friday night. So I won't be able to smoke it overnight on Friday. So should I:[p]1) Smoke it Thursday night and refridgerate it until Saturday? If I do that, I am worried it won't be as good as normally is. Also, lots of family are going to be there and many have heard about the egg. So they are going to be very critical.[p]2) I do have a small egg, but I don't know if I can fit two butts on a small. Plus, I think I am going to be staying in a hotel overnight on Friday and I don't think grilling in the parking lot will go over too well. [p]3) Scrap the plans and just bring some pork from a local bbq joint. No reason to soil the eggs rep when I can't offer the best results do to circumstances.

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    ShortRib,
    thursday night is the best bet.
    can't imagine how it could change in one day.
    gonna have leftover PP tonight in fact.[p]ziploc bags...

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    ShortRib,[p]I agree with stike. Thursday do the cook. PP will keep well in a plastic bag for 1 day. Just squeeze the air out and reheat in hot water. No need to scrap the idea when it will be very good when it comes time to eat.[p]Spin