Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's Pizza

Options
My wife let me make a pizza the way I like it, hamburger, sausage and mushrooms extra cheese and sauce
Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    Options
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Looks great!  Never too much toppings in my book !!!

Egg on Bro !!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Whoa, not my way, but looks like the topping and crust cooking was just right.  No stone either.  Results are what count.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Smoker317
    Options
    Thumbs up!
    Egghead since November 2014, XL-BGE & ET-732
    Smobot
    Living near Indy
    36" Blackstone
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options

Whoa, not my way, but looks like the topping and crust cooking was just right.  No stone either.  Results are what count.

Hey Doc,
    Plate setter legs up, grate and Pizza Q/raised pizza stone at 550 on the screen for 10 minutes turned once at 5 minutes and then another 8 minutes direct on the stone for a total of 18
    Minutes, I have been making pizza for 42 years and this works well for me. BGE is a Great Pizza Cooker. The bottom of the pizza looks like the top of a loaf of bread.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Looks great @Grillmagic‌. What did you use to cook it on?
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hey Doc, Plate setter legs up, grate and Pizza Q/raised pizza stone at 550 on the screen for 10 minutes turned once at 5 minutes and then another 8 minutes direct on the stone for a total of 18 Minutes, I have been making pizza for 42 years and this works well for me. BGE is a Great Pizza Cooker. The bottom of the pizza looks like the top of a loaf of bread.
    I have been curious about the screen, but get good result "my way" so never bothered.  There are millions of cooks and hundreds of ways to do each.  I'd take a glass of wine and a slice with you.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Hey Doc, Plate setter legs up, grate and Pizza Q/raised pizza stone at 550 on the screen for 10 minutes turned once at 5 minutes and then another 8 minutes direct on the stone for a total of 18 Minutes, I have been making pizza for 42 years and this works well for me. BGE is a Great Pizza Cooker. The bottom of the pizza looks like the top of a loaf of bread.
    I have been curious about the screen, but get good result "my way" so never bothered.  There are millions of cooks and hundreds of ways to do each.  I'd take a glass of wine and a slice with you.
    Ha, my 4,000th post.

• Grillmagic
    Options
    I agree! Anytime...
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    Dosnt matter how you cook it it looks great
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options

Looks yummy!

I like my pizza's to be round just like the local pizza shop. Here is one tip, keep the sauce at least a 1/2" from the outside of the dough. That will allow for the rim to rise while cooking and make for a better pie.

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    That's a great looking za!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Grillmagic
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    Looks great @Grillmagic‌. What did you use to cook it on?
    Pizza Q from William and Sonoma, its a raised pizza stone.
  • grEGGorys
    Options
    Looks great. Toppings ar what i like. Good job.
    Gulf Coast FL
  • peggyc
    peggyc Posts: 54
    Options
    They look perfect! What is your dough recipe?
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Love those pizzas you turn out! I'm a big fan of hamburger on my pizza. Doesn't get better than that.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Grillmagic
    Options
    peggyc said:

They look perfect! What is your dough recipe?

I buy a dough ball/pizza skin from the same pizza place I worked at 42 years ago, I do know how to make it but for 1.25 for a 12 inch crust it's just easier to buy them already made. That's a 16 inch pizza screen with a 12 inch dough rolled out to 14/15 to make it thin crust which is what we prefer.
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Hey that looks great. She "let you" make it? Mine eats what I make or she goes without or gets her own! :-@
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Grillmagic said:I buy a dough ball/pizza skin from the same pizza place I worked at 42 years ago, I do know how to make it but for 1.25 for a 12 inch crust it's just easier to buy them already made. That's a 16 inch pizza screen with a 12 inch dough rolled out to 14/15 to make it thin crust which is what we prefer.
    So what is the recipe? Is it a bulk recipe that needs broken down?
    The crust looks great! As does the rest of the pie! =D>
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ