Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question about "Burnt Ends"

Kinger
Kinger Posts: 147
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I took my whole Brisket off around 12:30. I removed the point and the flat is double foiled and in the oven on warm. To what temp am I shooting for the point to reach "burnt end" status? Just how burnt do we let them get? So far the cook has gone really well and the flat appears really soft and juicy. Will it dry out in the oven if it has to be in there for 4 or 5 hours?

Comments

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Posts: 319
    JNK,[p]What temp was it when you brought it in from the grill? I bring mine in at 195º to 205º wrap it in foil then kitchen towels then beach towels and put it in a cooler (to insulate, not chill) for at least three or four hours. When I pull it out, it's perfection. Hasn't failed yet![p]
  • Kinger
    Kinger Posts: 147
    SuperDave,
    It was right around 200. It has been on the oven on warm since about 1 (4hrs now) my guests arrive in a bit. I left the point on the egg and about 45 minutes ago I chopped some of it up in a bowl added some Gates sauce and stuck the bowl back on the egg with the rest of the point that had not been chopped. (kinda stole that idea from TNW website). The middle part of the point was still very juicy but the edges had that nice crunchy thing going. I also have some spinach and artichoke stuffed mushrooms. Sausage and Cheddar stuffed mushrooms. Cream cheese and bacon abt's and sausage and bacon abt's ready to go on my small egg. oh yea some wings too.[p]JNK