Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone used a Kettle Q?

Options
Thinking of getting one and they seem pretty versatile. Any feedback? Link below. http://www.bbqguys.com/item_item_2877096.html
Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Before they designed that round one they sold this square one that works quite well on my large egg since in sits down inside. They are very well built and will last a lifetime and beyond! I don't use it too often, but it's another toy in my box! LOL

imageimage
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    The KJ dealer here in town sells them. I've been eyeballing one for awhile but haven't bought one yet.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• RRP
    Options
    BTW don't let the appearance fool you or turn you off - once used you just pour on some water and then using a tool that comes with it the thing cleans up like brand new before it ever even cools down!
  • nealcr1
    nealcr1 Posts: 198
    Options
    Thanks @RRP‌ . Looks like a potential Christmas gift.
    Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I think @doc_eggerton has one maybe he will chime in shortly

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • RRP
    edited December 2014
    Options
    nealcr1 said: Thanks @RRP‌ . Looks like a potential Christmas gift.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention using either of those two products to make Clay Q's famous Hodag "cookies" from WI.
    BTW  - GO Pack!!! You guys kicked butt today!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Bought it, used it once and gave it away. Very well made and did what it is designed to do. More of a "that is so cool" deal till you get it and I could not see myself using it anymore.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    nealcr1 said:
    Thinking of getting one and they seem pretty versatile. Any feedback? Link below. http://www.bbqguys.com/item_item_2877096.html
    Works well for breakfasts, and if you want to fry fish.  More of a fun thing to do than a really necessary tool.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited December 2014
    Options
    OK, I have trouble understanding this. Other than the grease tray, and I've never had that much grease come off my pancakes that I need a grease tray, what is the advantage over a cast iron griddle? If you are doing bacon or burgers or onions, the grease tray might be useful. 

I think I agree with @Mickey, might get used every now and then and then it would take up space in the pantry. 

I use the Lodge LDP3 reversible on my gasser for everything. If the egg is working I have a 14" griddle/low wall skillet with D handles, I think it is a pizza pan. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Bustersdad
    Options
    I looked at the KettleQ but added the Blackstone Griddle to my Cooking Toolbox instead...much larger cooking surface.
  • CDPlaya
    CDPlaya Posts: 81
    Options
    You convinced me I bought one today. $74 shipped 
    "One Job at a Time, One Day at a Time" 
    " Stop and smell the Roses " Life is too Short