Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

shrimp recipe

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi folks, need a fresh shrimp recipe for Kansas State=Iowa tailgate tomorrow and archives and recipe section too much work for this amount of time.Looking for something along cajun lines but will take all suggestions. thanks, any help appreciated!!:::))))

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    lzyoutlaw, you will get em..but please..take it easy on my Hawkeye's..We are tender ya know!!
    Cheers..Go Hawk's..C~W[p]

• Char-Woody, if you will lead me to an excellent recipe for bbq shrimp, i promise we will take it easy on your Hawks. How bout that for a deal?

• Char-Woody
    lzyoutlaw, ok..deal is a deal..Try the URL below. You should find something there that will fly in the BGE nicely.
    I have yet to do shrimp, but there are a number of profient forum members that will jump in here.
    Good Luck tomorrow..(today actually)
    C~W[p]

[ul][li]Shellfish[/ul]
  • Char-Woody
    And if you see the "Outdoor cooking" click there and you will find "Teryaki Shrimp" for grilling. That one is the one I think your looking for. It would be my choice for a tailgating party..Cya.
    C~W[p]

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    lzyoutlaw:[p]Quick and easy . . . Marinate your shrimp in your favorite Italian dressing for a few hours. You may want to add a little more olive oil and if your taste desires, crushed garlic. Place on wood skewers that have been soaked in water for about an hour. Grill at 400º/425º. You are going for a quick grill; over cooked shrimp is a delight for your neighbor's pet cat.

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    lzyoutlaw,[p]Here's a simple Jacques Pepin recipe I like:[p]3 T honey mustard (mix enough honey into grainy mustard until it tastes sweet/hot)
    2 T dark soy sauce
    1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce[p]Mix the above and stir into a pound of shelled shrimp. When they're well coated, lift them out of the sauce, skewer and grill. [p]Cathy[p]

• Cat, thanks for a great recipe!! very easy to make and VERY tasty!! many thanks again:)))

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    lzyoutlw,[p]That was dinner here tonight. I'm glad you liked it![p]Cathy
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Cat:[p]Now THAT is an interesting recipe. I need to tweak my honey mustard a little, but the shrimp were very tasty!