Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanksgiving dinner, Egg or not.

Options
13»

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @Mickey
    You didn't show us your sausage... Just the bird and ham...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    DMW said:
    @Mickey

What can I say :-??
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    DMW said:
    @Mickey

Not sure what you're complaining about, I personally have no desire to see Mickey's sausage.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I can tell you, I always fried a turkey for as long as I can remember and never thought I'd do a turkey any other way.  Then I egged it once, loved it, and never thought I'd do it any other way.  then I Mad Max'd that bird and will never ever do it any other way.  I did stray a little from the Max (injected vs. brined) a few other things, but his gravy recipe is AMAZING and ruined any pouch gravy or jar gravy for my life.

Egg away young man, egg away
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    My mad max from last yearimage
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options
    My oven hasn't seen a turkey in it in over 20 years . As I have smoked them on a gas smoker or egged them the last three. 
    Egg On !

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Brine with the smoked turkey brine from Charcuterie over night them spatchcock and egg in a roasting pan over red potatoes, onions and parsnips. I boil the potatoes for 15 minutes first then make mashed potatoes while the turkey rests. I always brine now it adds so much flavor and moisture.
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Always wanted to try deep fried but Egg it is!!!!
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • jrf316
    jrf316 Posts: 55
    Options
    egg
    Visca Barca
    Mes Que Un Club

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    One on the egg and one in the deep fryer. My 72 year old dad can't go without his fried bird. And the skin of that fried bird...mmmmmm.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • SeahawksEGGHead
    Options
    My first year with the Egg.  The question isn't whether to Egg or not, it's HOW to Egg your bird.  I plan to use Mad Max this year, see how it goes.
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    I've cooked turkey all sorts of ways and the egg is by far the best. I use a modified version of Amazing Rib's recipe (see attached). I use a dry brine instead of wet, though, and I don't inject. 

Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia