Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

applying CharCrust

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night I had some FAN-TAB-U-LOUS pork chops using SpiceCooks recipe for a marninade and then used the South Western Spicy CharCrust. Anybody have a trick to getting CC on in a uniform basis? Can't shake it on due to the big flakes amongst it. Can rub it on to an extent and that sure beats doing the "dredge" the mfg suggests, but I would like it to be more even coated.

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    pchop1.jpg
    <p />one feral kat,[p]Being mr. thrifty myself, I just sprinkle it on. My wife likes it thinly added and I cover mine. Play with it to see what you like. You can spray it with Pam to prevent it from charing to easily (per directions) but I rarely do that. Pat-down the meat first so its fairly dry - too wet makes it run off. I let my char-crust sit on the meat about 20-30 min before I cook.[p]My least favorite is the Spicy SW -- try the Peppercorn-garlic on chops!! Yeeeoouiii. Also good is the original. My wife likes the hickory-molassas best. [p]Experiment[p]Tim
  • bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    Tim M,
    Can I have your SW spicey? :-)
    brad

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    bdavidson,[p]Yes