Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooyan Chili

Options
The wife wanted chili this afternoon so I made her a Paleo chili with a lot of dem beers. Flank steak is next. ;)
Geaux Tigers!! West Monroe, Louisiana

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Oh I'm sorry I thought you said chili then you mentioned "beans". Mutually exclusive food Brother Duck.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Spring Chicken
    Options

I grew up about 60 miles downriver from you and I've never heard of Cooyan Chili or Paleo Chili.  But I was the curious type then and I still am.  How about some more details.  It's getting close to chili time here in Spring Texas and I could EGGsperiment on it.

But I do know what Geaux Tigers means.

Spring "Gotta Be Chilly To Really Enjoy Chili" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

• cajunduck
    Options
    thetrim said:

Oh I'm sorry I thought you said chili then you mentioned "beans". Mutually exclusive food Brother Duck.

Didn't mention beans
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    He didn't say beans but if he did...that's real chili. You Texas guys wear your Wranglers so tight if you eat a few beans and fart you'd blow that dinner plate size belt buckle off and kill someone. :D
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    henapple said:
    He didn't say beans but if he did...that's real chili. You Texas guys wear your Wranglers so tight if you eat a few beans and fart you'd blow that dinner plate size belt buckle off and kill someone. :D

Cracking me up tonight. Stay thirsty, my friend!
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Well said @henapple‌!
    Dunedin, FL
  • cajunduck
    Options

I grew up about 60 miles downriver from you and I've never heard of Cooyan Chili or Paleo Chili.  But I was the curious type then and I still am.  How about some more details.  It's getting close to chili time here in Spring Texas and I could EGGsperiment on it.

Spring Texas USA

Cooyan for dumb coonass. That's me Ha! The Paleo is meat and veggies with no wheat gluten. We are big in Crossfitt, and that's the way we eat.
  • msocko3
    Options
    cajunduck said:

Spring Texas USA

Cooyan for dumb coonass. That's me Ha! The Paleo is meat and veggies with no wheat gluten. We are big in Crossfitt, and that's the way we eat.

I'm into crossfitt also, I reach across the table and see just how much food I can fit in my mouth:D.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

Paleo chili? Hell! All my chili is paleo. Why would you add any wheat gluten?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I do like the look of dem peppers and tomatillas, however.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings