Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is the 24" Extra Large Toooo Big?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is the Extra Large Egg To Big?
Does it take to much lump to cook with?
Would like the extra space but would not need the extra space all the time. How much more clearance for tall food over the large size?
Thanks

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Darian Hofer,
    i have a large, and cook for my wife and two sons most of the times.[p]i can cook for 30 if i need to, no problem.[p]i personally can't imagine needing an X/L...
    i imagine that to do 2 steaks would be a lump-fest.[p]in fact, i'm considering a small to augment the array. two steaks on a small would be perfect.[p]that said, you'll be happy whichever you buy.[p]stike

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Snortin' Smoke
    Options
    Hi Guy's, I just got a new XL about 3 weeks ago and absolutly love it. I use the Weber charcoal nests when cooking small loads and you don't waste any lump. I'm glad I made the switch to the Xl from the Large.[p]Todd

• Jake
    Jake Posts: 92
    Options
    Darian Hofer,
    I have 1 small, 1 mini, 2 large, and 1 XL (my wife loves me). I use the xl the most. When I make ABT's I will fill the entire grid. I do the same when I make wings. It is also so nice to do 15 ribs at once. I love the XL.
    Jake

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    Snortin' Smoke,[p]Did BBQBob get your large? He was mentioning that someone upgraded, and the timing sounds about right...[p]Scott

• Snortin' Smoke
    Options
    Hi Scott, Yes BBQBob did buy my Large Egg. I think I'll take the credit for converting him. hahahaha[p]Todd

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Darian Hofer,
    I got a XL before Christmas and love it....It will really hold alot of ribs,chicken and burgers.
    Larry

• Jake,
    How do you get 15 racks on the XL? Got a Picture?
    Thanks,
    Konrad

• Snortin' Smoke,
    Can you tell me what the Weber charcoal nests look like? Hope to get egg soon. Would like EXLarge but leary because of finding things to fit the EX large such as plate stand and double racks.
    Thanks,
    Darian

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    darian hofer,
    BGE makes a plate setter for the XL and you can order a extra grid and make a raised grid using stainless steel carriage bolts.[p]Larry