Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

You eggers are killin' me

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Several of my buddies have a BGE. I thought they were crazy for spending that kind of money on a grill when you can get a Weber for $60. Then, I decide I want to grill in wintertime. Oops.. My wife did not even hesitate - the day after I suggest getting one, we are at the factory store. Cooked a few things and got a whole bunch of BGE accessories for Christmas from her. Now, y'all got me wanting a digital camera![p]Please tell me where this stops!?!?!?!?[p]hehe

Comments

• BlueOvalBruin
    Options
    Well, if you're interested in a digital camera, try a Nikon D200 at a mere $1,699 without a lens. Just kidding, enjoy your new egg. I just got one too, and I have my first brisket in the fridge waiting for saturday.
  • Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    The bad news - it does not stop.[p]The good news - it does not stop.[p]Toy Man
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    YaquiKnow,
    just be thankful they don't manufacture mattresses or lingerie. none of us would get anything done.....

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • YaquiKnow,
    Welcome to the Cult of the Big Green Egg. Your Kool-Aide will be seved soon. In the meantime you should continue to imbibe in the local beer.

• EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Options
    It doesn't stop. And it just keeps getting better.[p]As I explained in an earlier post, the BGE might not be for everyone, everywhere. No need to beg or convince people to buy one. Perhaps it's those who are destined to own one actually get one. It's your destiny. Meant to be.[p]As for me, a houseguest told me that he 'heard' of something called a Big Green Egg and it was supposed to be awesome. I was driving around the outskirts of Atlanta on business one day, saw the BGE headquarters, whipped the rental car in the lot and the rest is BGE history.[p]It was meant to be for me....and for you.[p]Ed McLean
    Ft. Pierce, FL

• BigT
    BigT Posts: 385
    Options
    eddiemac,[p]I saw my first BGEs at the Jack in 2004. They were beautifully ugly, and the more I looked the more sense they made. [p]When I finally moved to a place where I could grill, the only question I had was which size.[p]Now the only question is which size for the second Egg.[p]Big T
    Nashville, TN

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    YaquiKnow,
    The grave or the poor house...whichever comes first. But, think of all the happy people you will leave in your wake.[p]Welcome aboard.
    Mike

• BGEJeff
    BGEJeff Posts: 54
    Options
    YaquiKnow,
    I have to agree with everyone, typical Week..Sunday.. Wife: Are YOU cooking on Humpty tonight. Me: I Guess. Monday.Repeat.... This goes on thru Friday, then it changes, Wife: Are you going to get something ready for low and slow? Me: I guess. Repeat for the rest of your life.[p]Have a Blast with it, we do!!!!!!![p]Jeff

• Kelly Keefe
    Options
    LawnRanger,
    You forgot to mention "Not until you have a complete set of fine, hand crafted,LawnRanger products!" ;-) (One of these days I'm gonna get ME a set!)[p]Kelly

• YaquiKnow,
    My wife gave me this name the week that I bought mine. She says that I'm obsessed with my egg. It definately is a cult thing. I've logged more hours in here on the forum and spent more money on accessories that I could have ever imagined. It's all worth it, though. I've definately got a wonderful new hobby. The folks here on the forum are the best, too. I've never been disappointed when asking for help on anything. Enjoy.

• Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Options
    YaquiKnow,I would tell my students the first day of class that you start learning the day the doctor brings you in the world and quit when the undertaker comes and picks you up. I guess you start EGGIN' when you get one and stop when??? But the time in between sure is fun. Most folks laugh at us until they get one and become an EGGHEAD.[p]Great Eggin' to You,
    Poppasam