Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flame Boss controller

Options
Anyone use one? Better than a DigiQ 2?
Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Depends on what you want to do with it, what size egg, and how much you want to spend.  The Pitmaster 120 is another good unit.  They're all great, but you'll get a dozen different opinions.  I'll PM you my number--I'm a dealer for all of them, and will give you the pros/cons for each.
  • Philicious
    Options
    @stlcharcoal‌ , I have a large egg. Looking for something pretty simple. Pit and food probes. Don't need wifi.
    Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    I own the 110 ... (Which incidently I bought from @stlcharcoal ) ... I swear by it. It doesn't have all the bell and whistles like the other higher priced temp controllers, but it is solid. The 120 is just a step up.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • RickyBobby
    Options
    Yep, IQ120 is exactly what you need if you're wanting both pit and food probes. It's what I'm running on my XL and it FREAKIN ROCKS!!! BaHahaha!
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax