Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Not quite committed...

Options
Jake
Jake Posts: 92
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
to a way to grill/smoke my spare ribs. Last Sat. nite did em J-Slot style and were great. Today, put on at 2:15 and want to eat around 5:30-6:00. I don't have all the extras (plate setters, raised grid, etc.) but puta grid on top of fire box with pizza stone on top and a make shift drip pan. Then I have fire ring on that, then grid. Ribs are on second grid. Cooking at 300 dome. Do you think it is ok or should I go lower or higher and how long would you think? Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    jake,
    did spares last night for the first time in a while, and they took 5 hours as i remembered. that was at 250 dome. you might find yours go a little faster, but they MIGHT still be not as 'done' as you like, if you like them falling off the bone.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • tn slagamater
    Options
    jake,any pork with high fat content will benefit from a low temperature, long, slow cook, IMO. I would try 250 degrees.300 sounds too hot...check the nakedwhiz.com or recipe section....