Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to quit a job, like a BOSS

Options

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Wow. Wonder if the station will get a fine for that...

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Wow. Wonder if the station will get a fine for that...
    @Griffin, I am sure the FCC did not like that one bit, and sure they will send the station a friendly reminder of how the liked it.  The lady could possibly be in some legal trouble too I am sure.  

The other anchors face was epic though... 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Griffin
    Options
    Yeah it was. I'd love to tell my boss some thing like that "F' it. I quit" and just walk out.

Rowlett, Texas

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    I think most people that work for others have that thought.  I had one manager I really would like to have done that to.  I have been blessed and worked for great people, but that one.... 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • lilwooty
    Options
    Unless you have just won the lottery or are about to retire, that is just about the stupidest move you can make.  Good luck trying to find another job in the news media field with that floating around for prospective employers to see.  Wowsers!

Living Large and XL

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @lilwooty, it definitely does not help her in any journalism role... Never know peoples circumstances though.  I sorta applaud her that she had to nerve to do such... 

Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Griffin
    Options
    lilwooty said:
    Unless you have just won the lottery or are about to retire, that is just about the stupidest move you can make.  Good luck trying to find another job in the news media field with that floating around for prospective employers to see.  Wowsers!
    If I won the lottery, I would definitely do that. If I even bothered to show up.

Rowlett, Texas

• gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Options
    Classy!

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Definitely like a boss. She must have been pissed about something, or she saw that weed and realized how much she wanted to hit a bong.

I worked at CiCi's Pizza as a kid and the General Manager was a really Big Richard. I was the cook on a Friday night had enough of his crap. I slowly let my prep racks die and had all of my product in the oven with my line containers empty and no prep done.

I told him a nice four letter word and tossed my dirty apron into his chest. About 10 minutes later, the guy he threw back there walked out too.

Not the way I would handle things now, but I recall it feeling very very good.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Yeah, I bet it did feel good right then @cazzy. but just think of the future you could have had with CiCi's pizza and now how your life has dwindled to a career in _______(fill in blank with whatever in the heck you do) You have burned your CiCi's pizza bridge for life!!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited September 2014
    Options

Yeah, I bet it did feel good right then @cazzy. but just think of the future you could have had with CiCi's pizza and now how your life has dwindled to a career in _______(fill in blank with whatever in the heck you do) You have burned your CiCi's pizza bridge for life!!

Yep. I always wish I could go back and tell myself "make those pizzas Carl, it will lead you to...more pizzas." I was forced to go find a rich white woman!! Then after I knocked her up, she told me it was her faajaa's $$$$$. =))
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    She burnt the bridge not only at that station, but at any other station. No one will want to take a risk of putting her on live tv again. 

15 years ago I was the International Buyer at manufacturing company. I hated the place. My boss was a tool that was overbearing and just an overall prick. On St. Patrick's Day he didn't come in to work. It was the most peaceful day I had ever had there.

At the end of the day I stood up and told my coworkers that I was quitting. They thought I was joking, but I assured them I wasn't. I walked into the VP's office and resigned. He asked for a two week notice, and I told him no. "I am leaving right now, and I am never coming back".

He told me I was "killing my career" if I left without a notice. I told him I didn't care. 

Funny thing is that a year later he got up and did the same thing! That place would suck your soul out!!!!!!!!  

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I really struggle with the lack of class. It's one thing to do it in a one on one situation but on tv or publicly just isn't my style.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • probe1957
    Options
    Never burn bridges behind you as you never know which ones you will need for your retreat.