Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm Italian so I cooked this

Options
Needed something to cook on my eggs before Saints Browns game.
Being that I am 100% Sicilian, I felt like some Italian sausage so I put this together.
Italian sausage, potatoes, bell peppers, roasted garlic and onions with some white wine and red gravy.
I grilled the peppers, onions and potatoes, then browned the sausage direct all on my med bge.
Made the red gravy on the stove, then mixed all together and cooked indirect on my Lg bge @ 350 for about an hour.
The outcome was outstanding! 
Well at least teh food was good the Saints game was hard to swallow.
Here's some pics of my cook.
"I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
New Orleans

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a slam dunk to me. I must be Italian as well because looking at that is making my mouth water!!!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    That looks really good!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Dang. That looks awesome. Although I would never eat that on game day again if I were you :)). Tough loss for the saints today. Don't think Johnny clipboard is going to see the field any time soon if Hoyer stays healthy.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options

Dang. That looks awesome. Although I would never eat that on game day again if I were you :)). Tough loss for the saints today. Don't think Johnny clipboard is going to see the field any time soon if Hoyer stays healthy.

Yep Cen-Tex it's now off the Sunday menu.
    I'm someone superstitious. I'll try something different next Sunday.
    New Orleans

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Looks awesome. How do you make the red gravy?
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • TigerTony
    Options
    @jcaspary‌ Thanks! It was great we all enjoyed it.
    The red gravy is simple. On stove top med heat In cast iron skillet, a little olive oil add garlic (I used roasted garlic) stir... Then add a can of tomato paste. Stir.. add three waters to every can of paste. Stir... add sweet basil, oregano, a pinch of sugar. S & P. Add some white wine. Stir often.
    For this dish I wanted the red gravy thin. So I just eyeballed until it look right.
    New Orleans

• mitch2264
    Options
    Man, I am sitting here full as a tick and this made my mouth water!  Wow!
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Looks amazing. Gonna do this so
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    love italian food nice picture too 
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Tony, that's the nicest grill pan I've seen (what you have the veggies on).  Where'd you pick that up?
    LBGE/Maryland
  • TigerTony
    Options
    KiterTodd said:

Tony, that's the nicest grill pan I've seen (what you have the veggies on).  Where'd you pick that up?

It's a good one I use it often. I bought it a few years back at Ace hardware. The are also a local bge dealer here in N.O. They carry a nice inventory of grill and bbq supplies.
    New Orleans

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    That does look good bro!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .