Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lid adjustment help needed

Options
I have a large. Doing dollar bill test, the right side is perfect. The front is too loose. The left and rear are too tight. Can someone help and tell me which bolt I need to loosen or tighten?
Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    If you can call me I will gladly talk you through it.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options
    I have a large. Doing dollar bill test, the right side is perfect. The front is too loose. The left and rear are too tight. Can someone help and tell me which bolt I need to loosen or tighten?
    Loosen the top and bottom rings...make certain there is no Overbite or Underbite....let the top relax onto the base.....Make sure you use the spacers in 4 places to evenly space the bands. ...tighten to 120inlbs.

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• Nicholas_Wetton
    Options
    I have an XL and it has a slight underbite. I'm not sure what you mean with "evenly space the bands". Thanks.
    Bronxville, New York. XLBGE, MBGE
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options
    when new....BGE gives you red plastic spacers to evenly space the bands all of the way around the circumference of the egg..this way you won't be 0.500 apart in the front and only 0.125 at the back

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Philicious‌
    Did you get it straightened out my friend?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Philicious
    Options
    SGH - Going to try this morning with a neighbor's help. Bands were still hot after we spoke. I will let you know. I told my brother to call you for the brisket info.
    Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.