Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Water Hazard

JimE
JimE Posts: 158
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello, All:[p]Someone (yours truly) left the Daisy Wheel open on my Egg here in rainy Seattle and the inside is now wet. I've mopped out the standing water, but I'm concerned: Do I need to burn a small fire with the dome maybe propped open six inches to dry things out, or can I proceeed as usual? As you can imagine, I've got some cooking to do this evening (bacon wrapped scallops, game hens w/ orange/brandy glaze, etc.)[p]Thank You and Happy New Year,[p]Jim

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Jim,
    i don't think you need to be concerned. sounds like all higher temps for your cooks, so it won't be like the water will be adding thermal mass (during a lo and slo).[p]i'd proceed with no fear![p]I cancelled our rack of lamb, since we have no guests any longer. we switched to scallops/bacon/water-chestnuts, and pheasant (like your game hens), plus other stuff. great minds think alike.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • JimE
    JimE Posts: 158
    Thanks, Stike. I'm figuring on 300-450°, all told. Have a great dinner.[p]Jim

• Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Jim, Did the same thing before. After I dried it out best I could, I went ahead with a normal cook. Seemed to get more smoke or steam for just a little time then leveled out. I try to remeber to put my vent stack cover on to keep water out but the thought of the good food I just finished helps me forget often.
    Ben a beautiful day today,
    Poppasam

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Jim,
    you too.
    flying by the seat of my pants on this one!

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante