Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Labor Day rib ???

Options
Happy Labor Day to all I'm cooking tibe for Labor Day, been reading a lot of posts using yellow mustard as a binder for ribs....Worcestershire as well. Anybody have advice on which is best? Have a great day

Comments

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    I have used mustard and vegetable oil in thin amounts to get the rub to stick. Neither impart any flavor on their own. Worcestershire seems like it could add some flavor, don't know if good or bad. I got two slabs of spareribs as art of my holiday cook also.
    Jacksonville FL
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Cook three racks-one of each and one "naked".  Taste test and go from there-Many roads will lead you to the BGE rib promised land.  Enjoy the eggsperiment and follow-on eats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    You will not notice any difference in taste if you rub then cook immediately. As of late I have been using the blood in the cryo bags as a binder. It works just the same and it's free.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited August 2014
    Options
    SGH said:
    You will not notice any difference in taste if you rub then cook immediately. As of late I have been using the blood in the cryo bags as a binder. It works just the same and it's free.

You're like the MacGyver of Big Green Eggdom! =D>

Still waiting to see the 12 slabs o' ribs on a LGBE. :-w

(Hope you have enough bobby pins.)

;))

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Sardonicus‌
    I haven't forgot brother. Come Sept. 1 I will be a free man again and I will gladly demonstrate it for y'all.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• cul-de-sac-er
    Options
    Thanks everybody I took the advice two of each mustard and worsey eggsperience.