Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Stone Brewing Expanding

Options
BREWnQ
BREWnQ Posts: 219
I know there are lot of craft beer lovers on this forum so wanted to share with you all. Stone brewing is expanding to the East coast and Berlin. You can also buy a 1 off collaboration beer through their crowd sourcing site. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/stone-groundbreaking-collaborations-the-campaign-for-cross-planetary-brewing
Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
Orange, CA

Comments

• NitsujNella
    Options
    Yeah, South Carolina is in the running.  I know for sure, Myrtle Beach and Greenville had placed bids.  Last I heard, Myrtle Beach was out of the running but no decision on whether or not Greenville was still in contention.
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    My town of greensboro nc is working hard to recruit them.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• BREWnQ
    Options
    Since I live here its hard to gauge how big they really are. Do you guys on the east coast have easy access to Stone brews?
    Orange, CA
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I saw the announcement on their instagram, crazy expansion.
  • NitsujNella
    Options

There are a couple of restaurants where I live that carry their popular brews.  I live in Florence, SC which isn't that big of a city.  Myrtle Beach, Columbia and Charleston carry Stone in a lot of the restaurants I've been in.

• BREWnQ
    Options
    Their brews are about as common as coors so its easy to forget that they're still a 'small' beer producer. Hopefully with their expansion to the east coast more people will have easier access to all of their stuff.
    Orange, CA
  • BREWnQ
    Options
    Bump kinda.  There are some good collab brews available and the campaign ends tonight.  If anyone out of state orders I'll be happy to pick up for you and find a way to get it to you *cough*mail*cough*.
    Orange, CA
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Only experience was two or three years ago at a brew pub in Portland, which had some of the strangest beers I'd ever seen. 

Two that I recall are Sculpin from Ballast Point and Oaked Arrogant Bastard by Stone. Definitely not a daily brew for me, but well worth the experience if you get a chance. 

@BREWnQ - No disrespect meant but, hope Weaver twists an ankle - Go A's! 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    Norfolk is in the running. I hope they get it as I am in need of employment.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• BREWnQ
    Options
    Sculpin is one of the best IPA I've had I really love that stuff.  Luckily since BP is local its easy to get my hands on.  

Earlier in the Campaign there was a "Super Duper Arrogant" available from Baladin/Stone.  That was the first one I got in for.

Great game last night. Hope the others are as good.
    Orange, CA