Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Christmas Prime Rib (first post test)

MakoBBQMakoBBQ Posts: 230
edited 12:22AM in EggHead Forum
Christmas010.jpg
<p />Prime Rib on the egg for Christmas.[p]Just got my large BGE in the spring and it is becoming a family passion.[p]What is your passion?

Comments

• ronbeauxronbeaux Posts: 988
    MakoBBQ,
    After seeing that spread, my passion is to get something going on the egg now!!!

• MakoBBQ,[p]Your prime rib and asparagus on the Egg. It's BEAUTIFUL!
  • MakoBBQ,[p]I Love Lechon Asado - Pork Butt version.
    P1010355.jpg

P1010358.jpg

• Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    MakoBBQ,
    Very nice! And, with the number of Spode place settings on that beautiful table....your wife must be kin to my wife....Have you heard this one?......."What are you doing?...You don't put that in the dishwasher!!!" [p]Well heck, then next time let's just use paper plates.[p]Nice job.[p]Mike

• JopaJopa Posts: 155
    MakoBBQ,
    Looks great and as a wine guy I gotta know whats in the decanter?

• MakoBBQMakoBBQ Posts: 230
    Jopa,
    Jopa, it was just a 2002 Meridian Merlot. Inexpensive but good for the price. The decanter was a Christmas present to my wife. She accuses me of buying her gifts that I actually want for myself. You know what? She is correct.

Eggecutioner, Looks great. I just got back from Lowes Grocery where Boston Butts on sale for 1.19 a pound. Bought 2 6.5 pounders to start tomorrow for a New Years Day feast. I problably wont be able to sleep tonight thinking about it.

Lawn Ranger, Yes indeed I have heard that before. I cooked and did all the dishes on Christmas Day. And thats ok. It's sometimes an escape to do the dishes.

• MakoBBQ, "What is your passion?"[p]I was not sure about the BGE thing when I started - so I bought another large.[p]Just to be sure.[p]BTW - did the same for Christmas dinner. Good stuff, eh?[p]LVM

• JopaJopa Posts: 155
    MakoBBQ,I sure do. I have a saying "drink less wine drink better wine"