Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Firecraft

RedSkip
RedSkip Posts: 1,400
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum
Just wanted to say we're very pleased with Firecraft's service. Placed an order on Sunday and already delivered today! 60# OO and some sauces...this is probably my new supplier.

Thanks to the forum for their website...

Skip
Large BGE - McDonald, PA

Comments

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    I just went there for the first time. It's like a bbq paradise.
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    I just received a shipment from Firecraft of 110lbs of lump. 60 of RW and 50 of OO. It took a little over a week, but coming from so far away I guess thats to be expected. Only had one bag break in shipment but that was easy to resolve by putting that bag in the XL and Med. Haven't cook with it yet but that will happen soon enough.
    I will certainly be purchasing from them again in the future.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    It took about a week to get my 10 bags of OO from FireCraft. Well worth the wait. Next time I won't have to wait. I'll just order before my supply gets low. OO is sooo much better than RO.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    just curious - how do they ship? Especially when there are multiple bags. Our FedEx guy won't walk more than 10 feet from his truck with even a light package much less 100 pounds of bulky lump! The UPS man is better but just the same they grunt & groan. USPO? LOL - that's a whole another smoke...
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    They ship in pretty big boxes.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2014
    @RRP‌ FedEx and it was on my front porch. 60 lbs was my order.
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    They ship FedEx in large boxes. I'm on the fence about ordering again and I'm about out of lump. On my last order my two bags to Rockwood had fist sized holes in the bags and dust got all over everything. Also my RW lump was mostly small pieces and lots of chips and dust. The Ozark Oak in the smaller bags seemed fine. The outside of the box wasn't damaged so I'm thinking the holes were in the bag before boxing. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Dobie said:
    They ship FedEx in large boxes. I'm on the fence about ordering again and I'm about out of lump. On my last order my two bags to Rockwood had fist sized holes in the bags and dust got all over everything. Also my RW lump was mostly small pieces and lots of chips and dust. The Ozark Oak in the smaller bags seemed fine. The outside of the box wasn't damaged so I'm thinking the holes were in the bag before boxing. 
    There's the rub, metaphorically speaking. When you pick your own bags off the shelf you can make sure they are not ripped or torn and that they are not full of dust and small chips. When you order on line you take your chances. Personally, the good results have outnumbered the bad results for items ordered on line. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • RRP
    Thanks for the info - guess I won't be using them then...the FedEx jerk can't see over his stomach and drives off my driveway running over my irrigation heads every time he has to make a delivery here and I am NOT kidding!
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    edited August 2014
    I think I might try a bag of Publix Greenwise lump for the hell of it. Reviews are mixed but the price is right and I'm there getting groceries weekly. Dont get me started on irrigation heads...
    Jacksonville FL
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    @RRP‌, My order was 100lbs. 1 box had six bags and the other had 4 bags. FedEx put them on my door step. Probably about 150 feet to the door. I've only had one order and all bags were OO. All bags were delivered in better condition than the RO bought at Home Depot or Walmart in the past. I've only opened two bags but the OO has been in great condition with minimal dust.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    RRP said:

Thanks for the info - guess I won't be using them then...the FedEx jerk can't see over his stomach and drives off my driveway running over my irrigation heads every time he has to make a delivery here and I am NOT kidding!

Can you open the big box where he places it and take bags individually where you want?
    There is an easy work around to what you are pointing out.
    Seattle, WA
  • RRP
    SkinnyV said:

Can you open the big box where he places it and take bags individually where you want? There is an easy work around to what you are pointing out.
    Trouble is my driveway is 165 feet long with a turn around up near the garage. Instead of turning around he TRIES to back up and is lousy at it. If I'm ever lucky enough to be in the yard and see him I run out and stop him and take delivery on the spot! 
  • HDmstng
    HDmstng Posts: 192
    RRP said:
    SkinnyV said:

Can you open the big box where he places it and take bags individually where you want? There is an easy work around to what you are pointing out.
    Trouble is my driveway is 165 feet long with a turn around up near the garage. Instead of turning around he TRIES to back up and is lousy at it. If I'm ever lucky enough to be in the yard and see him I run out and stop him and take delivery on the spot! 
    If you are relatively close to a Fed Ex store, you can just have the items held there and pick them up yourself.  Same with UPS.