Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

duck eggs

Options
makes for a great breakfast, man are the yolks rich in these things
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    got to try out the new bottle opener as well

fukahwee maine

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Where'd you snag the opener?

Nice pan set up.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    they have them on amazon, 15 plus shipping.
    fukahwee maine

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    How's the Porter? I'm starting to see fall stuff filtering in so I'm stocking up slowly.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Man that breakfast looks incredible (even with plain ol chicken eggs!).  It looks like a great camping meal.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• fishlessman
    Options
    How's the Porter? I'm starting to see fall stuff filtering in so I'm stocking up slowly.
    for a pumpkin beer its ok, not chemically tasting like some of them. have to try them yearly because they are different batch to batch , doesnt seem to be alot of consistency with pumpkin
    fukahwee maine

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    Have you had Southern Tier Pumking? That's pretty good, along with Dogfish Head Punkin ale. Those are my goto brews every year. Schafly is supposed to be pretty good this year. Pumking tastes like pumpkin pie. Nice after dinner drink.
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    That bottle opener is cool. I might have to grab one for my table.
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    havent seen southern teir. we get dogfish, harpoon ufo, red hook pumpkin porter, and shipyard pumpkinhead.  and we make smashing pumpkins floating guinness on top of pumpkinhead
    :D i like to try them all as they come out to see who has the best of the season
    fukahwee maine

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Picked up one of those bottle openers at the mothership a couple of weeks ago.

Nice looking breakfast.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    I've never had duck eggs like that......but they are pretty amazing in baking.  The cakes and dinner rolls stay very moist and fluffy.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    fishless! There you go again! I'm still trying to find quail eggs that you made such a fuss over a few years ago and now I have to add duck eggs to my search list!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Duck eggs are delicious!!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • fishlessman
    Options
    i got these free from the neighbors from hell, seems im the only one on the street that treats them with any decency,
    :)) ive been eating farm fresh eggs all summer
    :D i hope they never leave as i might become the neighbor from hell someday that everyone talks about
    :)) they have quail eggs too, bbq, and drink beer, real bastards
    :D
    fukahwee maine

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    RRP said:
    fishless! There you go again! I'm still trying to find quail eggs that you made such a fuss over a few years ago and now I have to add duck eggs to my search list!
    If there are local farmer's near you who raise duck, you might be able to get eggs around Easter, which is when they lay. Just as the ice leaves the ponds.

Near me there is also an Oriental market that usually has a couple kinds of duck, a Chinese staple. They appear to get them from a Chicago distributor, and sometimes also get eggs at different times of the year. They usually have whole duck from Culver (Indiana based,) but I don't see that Culver offers online egg sales.

A great treat if you can find them. Noticeably richer than hen eggs, as well as bigger.