Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

YEA!

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did it! <doing the happy dance> I made perfect/easy steaks tonight....after the awful turkey experience I was nervous to try the 9.99/lb steaks...but w/a little rub from Dizzy <thanks again> and following many directions...seared @ about 600 for 1-2 mins per side, got temp down to around 400 for 5 mins each side was a perfect rare for hubby...cooked about 5 mins longer per side for kids and I...had leftovers and took to neighbors--and they loved! Thanks again for all the encouragement!
So--what is pulled pork and how hard is that to do?[p]~Arlene~

Comments

• edbro
    edbro Posts: 300
    Quote Arlene:
    "and I...had leftovers and took to neighbors"[p]I wish I was your neighbor.

• edbro,
    Pulled pork is a taste delight. Buy a 8~12 lb. pork butt, rub it with some Dizzy Pig rub and low and slow smoke it on the egg at 200ºto225º for 18 hours or so. Put a few chunks of your favorite wood on the fire and when it's done it will be the most succulent, tender and juicy pork roast you've ever had.
    "Pulling" the pork is nothing more than taking a couple of forks and shredding the meat off of the roast. It makes great sandwiches with your favorite bbq sauce, or just served by itself! It will make you a hero at dinner time for sure. Plus they feed a lot of people, and the leftovers are easily re-heated for lunch the next day!

• Arlene,
    Congrats! Success is just a metter of time, trial, error and leraning from it. [p]Pulled pork is just awesome - pork butts or picnic aka pork shoulder. Low & slow at 220 to 230 * for about 2 hours per lb and you will think you died and went to food heaven - maybe BBQ heaven... It will be a tru test of temp control if you are doing it for the first time. Things like the temp, wind, humidity etc all play into a long, indirect cook if you do not have a temp control device like a BBQ Guru. I cooked on my own for two years before I got a Guru. My choice-I just wanted to learn the ropes.
    Good Luck & keep us posted! Joe

• Woody
    Woody Posts: 45
    SuperDave,[p]Amen, brother. One of THE best thiongs to egg.
    Just want to add that the recommended internal temp for pulling is 195-200. Too much lower and you get pork roast, not pulled pork.[p]Woody

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Arlene,
    Whew! Glad you didn't bolt and run. Congratulations![p]Mike