Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm still a virgin

TTC
TTC Posts: 1,035
At least as Caveman steaks are concerned. Big line of thunderstorms moved through right when I needed to light the egg. Wife and kids and l were starving (because for some reason we never ate lunch) so we moved dinner indoors

Downside is that I was all hot and bothered for Caveman, upside is that my oldest (7th grade) who all of a sudden thinks I'm an idiot was keen to learn how to cook a steak inside (sear in cast iron then oven roast till done) so I got to be his buddy again.

Take the good with the bad. Cheers, fellas
XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    All's well that ends well.  But caveman is the way to go-and just fire it up and go!  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TTC
    Indeed sir. One of my character flaws is giving too much of a crap about what the clan wants most of the time. Of course the storms moved through in 15 minutes, should have lit the darn egg and given them peanuts to snack on till dinner.....

Ikon pass 

• TTC
    I trace it all back to the 3rd child. Once wife and I went from man to man to playing zone the whole dynamic changed

Ikon pass 

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    You never can beat quality time with the kids. There will always be more steaks to cook. Enjoy!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    +!  with time with the family...always the top priority !  You cannot get it back.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Another plus on the kids. ...damn they grow fast.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • TTC
    You guys are full of wisdom, wisdom I wish I had listened to years ago. For a long time I did not really appreciate my kids the way I should have. Now that the oldest has hit the (pre) teenage funk I am much more aware of the fleeting gift that they are. I was as giddy as a school girl when he wanted to learn from me how to cook a steak inside.

Ikon pass 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    You've been touched for the very first time, huh?
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Never a character flaw to care about what the fam wants. And you made a memory he will keep with him forever. :)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • They are right. wChildren will be gone all to soon and there will be plenty of time for eggin what you want, when you want, Miss my son 30 year old, everyday.
    Hendersonville, TN.