Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

wokking

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
has anyone tried to use their egg for stir fry????
can yo get it up to temperatures over 500 degrees

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    howard,[p]Never tried to use a wok on the egg but you can definitely get the egg over 500 degrees easily. It's not uncommon for folks here to sear steaks and burgers at 700 degrees or more. The egg can handle those temps and more just fine. Would be interested to know if you do try and use it for a wok and what your results are.[p]Troy
  • Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    howard,[p]I use a wok in the egg to do a vegetable stir fry. Here's the link to the recipe that's been submitted to the forum.[p]Puj

[ul][li]Taking Green Beans, Vidalia Onion and Peppers for a Wok[/ul]
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    howard,[p]My Egg doesn't do a lot of wokking. Most of the time, it just sits around in its nest.[p]Cornfed
  • Csg
    Csg Posts: 17
    Options
    howard,I have done several recipes in a wok on my large egg and they turned out wonderful. You get your egg up to 400 degrees. Then put in your wok to heat leaving the bottom vent and top open. In a couple of minutes add oil and you are ready. If you want a great broccoli- beef recipe let me know.
    Carolyn