Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Legs on the Mini for lunch

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
imageimageimage
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Looks great, but I didn't get the invite!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Great looking legs Mickey! I just ordered a jar of Blues Hog this morning. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035

I'm a leg man.....

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Mickey

I used to mix Sweet Baby Rays with Blues Hog, then Bone a Sucking Sauce. Now just 50/50 as above.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• revolver1
    revolver1 Posts: 372
    Looks great but I'll take a thigh.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Never let anyone tell you that you don't have nice legs @Mickey
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Nice cook!

Pics like this make me want a mini, or maybe the mini max for my second instead of another large
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Man those definitely look tasty.  I need to start grilling more for lunch when I work from home.  The problem is I can't open the egg without opening a beer ;).

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    I'm more of a bewb man, but them some nice legs.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002

It's $3 a jar where we are. Blues Hog is my go to sauce and like Mickey, I like to mix it 50/50 with a vinegar sauce. I prefer the Blues Hog vinegar but they quit selling that around here so I use the Franklins. You will regret only buying one jar. I believe they sell it in a huge 32 or 64 oz size jar. Once my stash (down to about 8 bottles from 30) runs out, I think I'll get the big one.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • travisstrick
    Mickey, I have the small/mini egg bug. It wont be long now.
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774

It's $3 a jar where we are. Blues Hog is my go to sauce and like Mickey, I like to mix it 50/50 with a vinegar sauce. I prefer the Blues Hog vinegar but they quit selling that around here so I use the Franklins.

You will regret only buying one jar. I believe they sell it in a huge 32 or 64 oz size jar. Once my stash (down to about 8 bottles from 30) runs out, I think I'll get the big one.

You can also get the blues hog in a gallon size
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Mickey

If you should see your way to our little party in March I can save you some money. If not, be glad to make a call.

• bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Man, those look a lot better than the picture of your leg a while back.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • travisstrick
    Mickey said:
    If you should see your way to our little party in March I can save you some money. If not, be glad to make a call.

I'll be there come hell or high water
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,723
    No mickeys rub on @Mickey‌ legs?!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Mickey
    No mickeys rub on @Mickey‌ legs?!

That was a garlic rub

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Looks excellent @Mickey‌. Will be giving the new mini a go myself tomorrow.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    @Mickey‌
    Do you do turbo ribs on your mini? That's what my wife wants to do for her inaugural cook. If so what's your method?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mickey
    SGH said:
    @Mickey‌ Do you do turbo ribs on your mini? That's what my wife wants to do for her inaugural cook. If so what's your method?

They are on the Large. Baby Back Turbo Ribs (No flip) 350 indirect for 1hr 40 min. Before cooking: Pull membrane , rub, mustard, rub. Put on at 350 and leave the hell alone for about that time. This is called turbo ribs and I will never go back to 4 and 5 hour ribs. Note: with or w/o mustard works .. I like Bad Byron's Butt Rub / I like cherry & pecan mix for wood. If you want sauce: opened 15 min early and sauce. I like the sauce on the table. image

• SGH
    @Mickey‌
    My wife is wanting to do them on her new mini. Is it feasible?

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    I had thought about rattle snaking them to put on the mini.

Status- Standing by.

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    edited August 2014
  • SGH
    @U_tarded‌
    Thanks for the link my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• Hard to beat the Blues Hog sauce.