Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Platesetter vs Woo2 for a med egg?

antonanton Posts: 1,813
I am looking for the best indirect set-up, I like the handles on the woo2, but looks like I would need the round stone or fire bricks for indirect. The Platesetter on the other hand, also raises the grill and provides the indirect function, yes? Who likes what and why? Input please. Thank you.
 Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "

Comments

• paqmanpaqman Posts: 2,776
    You can use the pswoo2 with the platesetter. It makes it easier to remove the platesetter when it is hot using welding gloves and it can also be used without it for raised direct.

XL, Medium BGE, and Mini Max
    Northern Virgina
    To help you understand:

• Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 8,104
    Pretty sure the PS won't work on the medium woo. You have to use a store or firebricks I got this pic from CGS website http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/woo2-direct-or-indirect.html image

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • antonanton Posts: 1,813
    @Paqman and @Mattman 3969, Looks like the pswoo2 is not sized for the med egg, i'll probably have to settle on the woo2 w/ stone.
    Sorry you are right. This is for a large egg.

• KSwollKSwoll Posts: 123
    Pretty sure the PS won't work on the medium woo. You have to use a store or firebricks I got this pic from CGS website http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/woo2-direct-or-indirect.html image
    This is the set up I have. The two fire bricks was cheaper than the plate setter. I have a plate setter for my XL, but wanted to try something different. So far it has worked out great.
    XL, Medium BGE, and Mini Max
    Northern Virgina